Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a couple of plays of the rule book 2 player variant, we were bored. Play was too predictable. After some discussion, we tried out the following last night.

Each player plays 2 alternating colors. Follow rule book as in 4 player game. Follow scoring as per usual. Winner is the higher score of each player's lowest score.

It made for a more cutthroat game. No monopolies, blocking became important. The decisions were more involved. There was incentive to do your best for both your colors rather than sacrificing one for the benefit of the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PO
Australia
Strathfield
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/44041.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be the most straight forward and easiest variant by far. Simulates a 4 player game and you will have to balance the score between your two colors. I read the rules for the 2 player game in the rule book and it looked kind of boring and not in the spirit from which the game was intended snore I believe your rules fix that. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lott
United States
Cheverly
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - we tried this simple 2-player variant (not unlike playing Blokus with 2 players). It worked just fine - one of the better games that's intended for more but can still scale down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is my favorite of the two-player rules posted here by far. The comparison to two-player Blokus is very apt,and unlike the other variants there are no major rule changes or things to remember!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.