Britannia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Problem / Discussion about the Bretwalda rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We run into a problem / Discussion about the Bretwalda.
So I hope some one on the Geek good help us to solve the problem / discussion.

If the Angles have 8 area then they have 8 votes to give to a Nation. al those area are in England.

The Rules is "Players may only vote for a Nation that controls an area in England. A Nation's vote cannot be divided, nor can it abstain."

Can the Angles give those 8 votes to them selfs or must they give it to another Nation like "Saxons (8 area in England), Welsh (1 area in England) or Jutes (2 area in England)".

I hope someone can help us

Kind regards,

Conrad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They can indeed vote for themselves. After all that is the reasoning behind Bretwalda - the most powerful take control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, you're not required to vote for yourself or a nation of your color. Bretwalda can be a negotiating point you use with other players ("I'll vote for you, but get the hell out of Strathclyde this turn") or a way to boost another player's apparent standings so other players try to hurt him (not often, but I've seen it done).

The whole point is - each nation votes as a block with all its votes, and must vote for a nation that holds at least one area in England. Beyond that, it's up to you to decide how to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Chris and Ken for the quick reply.
I.ve informed directly the others. And it is now clear to us all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.