Subject: RSPer of the Next few days- TheLightSarcastic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: fallout [+] [View All]
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
So once I was chosen to be in the RSP spotlight... one of the first things I started thinking about between frantically trying to answer the questions posed to me was... Awesome I get to pick who is up next ... who should I go with?!?!

Even given Jorge's great line of "I most always disagree with you but don't want to strangle you" as a fantastic guideline... I found I still had a problem in that there just aren't that many people who I am totally opposite of in ideology.

Since I tend to be very moderate (or perhaps biconceptual as David pointed out in my thread) I tend to find my “alignment” of ideologies is mixed and I agree a lot in one thread with the very people who are driving me nuts in another.

So I had a lot of people to pick from who I would have loved to put on the hot seat for a variety of reasons according to the original guidelines... but none of whom were really my opposites... and then it hit me. There is a different kind of opposite besides just ideological - a style opposite!

While I tend to be mostly serious and long winded, not to mention put my life out there as an open book... there is another totally valid “style” of poster here in RSP. The short witty zing poster who make short on point but usually humorous posts and who tells us almost nothing about themselves. So in style Gen and Jarred are like my diametric opposites.

So I chose our Mistress of Wit - Gen! She is brief and razor sharp in her posts while being wonderfully hilarious in making her points. And when all is said and done has told us almost nothing about herself after a year of hanging around.

In addition she is about as ideologically opposite from me as anybody gets and yet if I were to rent a cabin for an awesome weekend of serious gaming and fun debate with RSP regulars who I want to hang out with in real life ... she would certainly be near the top of the invite list. So I am genuinely interested in learning more about her. I am really happy she agreed to sit in the hot seat next!!

Thus I now present to you TheLightSarcastic!!

Ok Gen... I am going to go with a mix of simple and deep for the starting set. I may ask more later if others don't beat me too it.

Is Gen short for something else ... assuming that is your IRL name?
Do you have nickname you are willing to share?

Do you and your husband have any children?
If not do you plan to have them at some point?

What do you do for a living?

What is your favorite non-gaming hobby?

Do you like living in New York?

Where were you on 9/11 and do you still have residual emotional issues from it that effect you regularly?

If you could live anywhere in the world would you still pick the USA? New York?
If not where would you pick?

Give us a brief overview of your religious views if you don't mind.

What is your favorite sexual kink? Do you get to partake of it often? (Feel free to ignore this question if you want.... or any of them for that matter... if it isn't fun for you to talk about I don't want you to feel you need to reply)

Have you ever voted for a Republican?

Pick one strong memory from childhood and tell us about it.... then tell us why you picked that one.

Now for some blatant plagiarism:

Scott and Kevin ask me these questions and I spent a lot to time thinking about them before putting them together in a joint feminism reply (Yes I know I haven't posted that reply yet... but I will) and since I think you and I are very different but obviously both women I am fascinated to see how different our answers turn out to be. (but answer these last out of my starting line up for you ... I may not get mine posted for another day or two and if you say something awesome it might send me off thinking again and affect my final edit.... by making it longer... God forbid)

qzhdad wrote:
Is chick an acceptable appellation for a woman? Guys (in mixed company)? wench? Sis?

dysjunct wrote:

Do you ever spell it "womyn"?

dysjunct wrote:

Do you consider yourself a feminist? How do you define feminism?

Ok that should get you started and I am sure everybody else will chime in pretty quickly with more.

Enjoy your next few days – and take however long you need. I certainly did. laugh blush shake
--------

(Update for/from my thread... yes I know I am taking forever but I really will eventually answer all the questions posed up to this point... I am working on them as often as I have the time and energy to... really I am... being the TMI princess is very time consuming. )

Oh and PS... one day sometime in the near future ... I am going to have time again and I am going to go back and throughly read all the other RSPer of the next few days threads I missed entirely or didn't have time to post questions in ... and I when I bump them with new questions I will expect y'all to answer.

Back to you Gen!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gen, are you going to answer all the questions in a timely manner or are we going to have to wait for months like we're doing for Lynette?

Real question:

What are your thoughts about patriotism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Hey Gen, are you going to answer all the questions in a timely manner or are we going to have to wait for months like we're doing for Lynette?

I see your and raise you a *thiiipppppt* *thiiipppppt*

(Hey look ... I can be short and silly - Gen style)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you hate us here in "flyover" country? I assume it is because we just increase the time it takes you to reach the coasts (where the real living takes place).

On an aside, I am guessing that Gen is short for genuflect : to be servilely obedient or respectful. If I have ever thought there was a universal truth, it is that you are both obedient and respectful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrajamalations!

What's your favorite genre of music?

What's your favorite band?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
What is your favorite sexual kink? Do you get to partake of it often? (Feel free to ignore this question if you want.... or any of them for that matter... if it isn't fun for you to talk about I don't want you to feel you need to reply)

Fixed that for you.

OK, Gen...you've just about bled me dry of geekgold over the past months. You owe me. Or something.

1. Tell us one of your guilty pleasures.
2. What's the biggest change between Gen of twenty years and Gen of today?
3. How many of your zingers come instantly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Not yet, but if a Republican ran on a Goldwater-style ticket, I'd be intrigued.

For some reason this doesn't surprise me at all.

No questions yet, but you're a great choice for interrogation, RSP-style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
Quote:

I REALLY want to try public sex, but my husband is a little reticent. I'll get him, though.

I suggest you do it in New Hampshire or Europe, they don't care. A couple caught doing it in a NYC church was pilloried (sp?) by the NYC press.

Questions:

Are you a Vegan?

Do you believe in Perfect Parenting (you brought up spanking)?

Homeschooling/Unschooling?

Any other alternative parenting ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
God I'm girly, but books are my drug now, especially in the tub or with tea.

If you haven't already found this addiction that compliments the two above let me help lead you to the squeeky clean side.... we have bubbles! And melts, bombs, glitter bugs, massage bars... Oh My... a sensual delight beyond mere words ability to convey. And one that can be shared with loved one... I should know.

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/bath-shower/bath-melts

They even have a brick and mortar there in down town NY.

I went there once with the fiery bi-sexual red head I used to share a boy with who lives walking distance from where the towers were. We were/are all Lush addicts... including the boy. We were so happy when we didn't have to pay shipping from Canada all the time anymore.

You remind me a lot of her and I love her beyond description. Next time I am in New York to visit her I hope to hook up with you too. I think the 3 of us would have a total blast of an evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I support feminism right up until people feel it gives them a right to be an asshat. On a personal pet peeve note, I find guy-bashing EXTREMELY tiresome. Unless I'm doing it, in which case, it's hilarious.

I'm not sure which of these I find more hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your all-time favorite Fallout moment?

Is your fandom limited to that game, or are you (like me) enamored of the Black Isle isometric RPG oeuvre?

What do you think about Fallout Tactics?

(That right, I don't care about anything that isn't Fallout-related. But congratulations!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Question #1-
If RSP was a game, would your piece be

-A meeple?
-A Tank?
-A Dragon?
-A little wooden cube?
-A martini? (let the losers play the RSP game, after all, its rated like crap- we're watching Letterman!)

Bonus points if you choose the correct color.

Question #2-
What could be possible down here in the bowels of BGG to convince a witty and urbane woman to waste time here? (Consider you answer in terms of Question #1 above....)

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I fear nothing with dick jokes by my side.

...and there's a lot of them here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I fear nothing with dicks jokes by my side.

...and there's a lot of them here!

My edit makes your post more accurate....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you follow any famous bloggers?

Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
The Message wrote:
Congrajamalations!

What's your favorite genre of music?

What's your favorite band?

Thanks!

My IPod is a fustercluck of genres. I'd take classical if I had to pick at gunpoint, but if I hit shuffle right now, you'd be just as likely to get some old They Might Be Giants song about an enchanted shoehorn.

I don't really have a band I follow anymore, but back in school, I was a total Nirvana junkie. (No pun intended.) That great loud sound, the pop hooks, the troubled frontman, the drummer who played like Animal from the Muppets... I was so into them. When Cobain died, I lost interest in popular music for quite a while. It's either a testament to their talent - or the lack thereof of modern bands - that 'modern rock' stations are now desperately digging into the limited Nirvana catalog to try to squeeze another hit out.

Classical and Nirvana, I can respect that. I should note that you're looking in the wrong place if you're expecting even decently composed music on the mainstream radio. There are and have always been brilliant musicians and bands lying on the edges of obscurity and with the internet they are easier than ever to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you find it creepy when some guy on the internet asks you about your private sex life?

I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd enjoy a good gory "only in New York" story if you happen to have one handy.

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you familiar with any Chinese proverbs like "Pointing the Mulberry but scolding the Locust tree"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
Quote:

OK, Gen...you've just about bled me dry of geekgold over the past months. You owe me. Or something.

I still have a few badges to go, so I'll continue to look for fresh veins.

Quote:
1. Tell us one of your guilty pleasures.

God, I have a ton. Jackie Chan movies, for one. The goofy comedy, the dubbing, the wacky stunt fighting with the ladders and hovercrafts and all that... genius. Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. Old jazz and pop standards from yesteryear (one of the reasons I like the Fallout games so much). Sour Patch Kids are my crystal meth.

Quote:
2. What's the biggest change between Gen of twenty years and Gen of today?

Besides having breasts? Hrm. Well, I was a mega-geek model student in my youth, so becoming more of a funky creative libertine as I aged didn't seem very likely at the time. I actually wanted to be a scientist when I was younger; that seems like a painfully specific and deliberate job to Current Gen.

Quote:
3. How many of your zingers come instantly?

I either get them instantly, or not at all. Kids: don't do drugs.

I just popped in late to say: Jackie Motherfucking Chan.

Back in the day, in college, we'd cheer when that HK film company logo of his would come on the screen before Project A, Drunken Master, or Super Cop III would come on. (That was my first exposure to Michelle Yeoh. Holy shit.)

Anyway. Carry on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I actually wanted to be a scientist when I was younger; that seems like a painfully specific and deliberate job to Current Gen.

Really? I don't think "scientist" is more specific or deliberative than, say, "artist" or "journalist" or "lawyer".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally softball, totally geek question: 10 favorite movies, in no particular order, for all of us here to pick apart and lose respect for you over. Guilty pleasures included, as well as all that elitist coastal foreign shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so when you named you child "Arthur," did you imagine that the name "Art Witt" was going to be morphed into "our twit?" If young Arthur ever (and we both know this won't happen) does anything foolish, will you lovingly refer to him as such to your husband?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
TheLightSarcastic wrote:
I quickly called the police, than Brie and I spent the next five minutes fighting over the peephole to watch our first drug-turf ass-kicking.

You're losing your New Yorker creds here. NYers are notorious for ignoring crimes in progress.

BTW, I got a taste of NY 'justice'. I was parked on the street and someone busted my headlight. So I called the police to report the crime. After waiting an hour, I called back and was told the police have more important things to do. I was told they would file a report. Sure enough I had a ticket the next day!

In NYC its illegal to have a busted headlight (doesn't matter if you are driving). So I was a victim of a crime and the NY police ticketed me instead of investigating it. shake NYC has alot of laws like that one. It can be a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATS Gen!

What are a few of your favorite alcoholic beverages? Do you like scotch and/or martinis?

-----

Who have you plonked? (don't answer this one)

-----

Scenario:

You are given $100,000 cash, no strings attached
or
You can choose to roll a D6 once:
1-5: you get nothing
6: you get $X

What would X need to be to make it worth the risk?

-----

Are you ready to call the most recent economic stimulus effort a complete failure? If not, why are you lying to yourself?

-----

Would you rather:

I name you the funniest liberal in RSP
or
You find a five dollar bill on the sidewalk?

If the latter, then how about a shiny quarter instead?

-----

What do you think about fiscally conservative/socially liberal types?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.