6 Posts

Munchkin» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Allmighty Wizard Charm power!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Drougge
Sweden
flag msg tools
Was playing a game with my girlfriend and something come up that arouse some confusion.

What happened was that she was at lv9 and kicked down the door to face a lv20 monster and as she had a total strength value of 25 she could easily beat it. So in a attempt to foil her in her track i threw a wandering monster plus a lv18 monster at her! HAHA!

Now she had to beat 38 to survive death!!!

But..

Then we both realized that she was a wizard and as such had the ability to take the treasure of a monster by discarding her whole hand with the Wizards charm ability.

So she charmed the lv20 monster, took its treasure and then kicked the lv18 monsters butt.

The questions if if this is the right way to play it?

If you charm one monster do the total value disappear and leave the single monsters lv for the player to fight against?

Or do you charm both monster for their total value of treasure?

In either way the Wizard have proved to be a very powerful class to be late game(?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't collect the treasure until the whole battle is over, so you can charm on monster but you still have to beat the other one with what you have at the start of the combat. For example, if you charmed once monster but had to run away from the second one you wouldn't get any treasure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Seth is correct on this one. Discard your hand to Charm a single monster (don't count it's levels anymore), and fight whatever is left (if there is any more). And only after you've beaten any remaining monster(s) can you take the treasure.
http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/faq/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I had a similar situaton come up, if you use charm on the first monster and die to the second how do you handle the treasures from the first monster? Would they still be dranw and looted or would it happen after that or woukd you just not bother drawing them since you died?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I believe that you take the treasures only after the battle ends, so even though you have charmed one, you didn't survive the battle to gain these treasures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. If you lose the battle and thus attempt to Run Away, you will not get the Treasure from the first monster at all, whether you die or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.