Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this game up from Tanga and finally played it last week. I already know I missed a couple rules but one other rule has me wondering... In the rules it talks about adding the number of armies in the province with the number on the card to determine the winner. Because of this, both of us had quite a lot of cubes in one territory. If I have 6 cubes in the province and play a 1 on the territory, and she plays a 1; I'd have to add 6 cubes to the territory. This leads to an almost unavoidable stock pile. I actually plagued my own territory just to get men back. This may also be a direct result of me forgetting to add 4 white cards to our starting hands... but I'm not sure.

Am I mistaken about this rule? Am I playing it wrong? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you're mistaken, you just consider the difference of the played cards and change cubes on that region accordingly.
So if both players play the "1" card, nothing changes in that region, because it's a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Greene
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats what I thought... thanks. That will change the game dramatically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that this means that there will NEVER be cubes of two different colors in the same province. See the example near the bottom of page 2, under PHASES OF THE DYNASTIES, part 3.

The difference between the two cards indicates the CHANGE in the province. Each province is a tug-of-war battle. If you already have 4 cubes in a province, I play a 6, and you play a 3, the card difference is 3. Three of you armies are removed, but you still control the province with 1 army since I was unable to "pull" the province to my side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.