Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Walker
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, look. I'll freely admit I suffer from some type of bizarre OCD kind of symptom which often leads me to believe that just about anything I buy is some kind of defective copy that slipped through quality control....but....

I could have swore when was introduced to this game by a friend, his copy had card that were "coated" with that textured pattern like the cards from the BSG game. Yet, all my cards look like normal, scuffable, cardstock.

Silly, because not every came from FFGames has coated cards (LOTR, Blue Moon), but I'm not sure. The more I take a close look at the gate, mythos and espically various item cards, they seem awfully..well..naked for such a quality game.

Yes, I'm probably being WAY too anal about it, but hey, it's still a great game.

Just wondering what everyone else's experiences (opinions) are.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the particular coating used, but I've thought the Arkham components are some of the best quality of any game out there. I guess different print runs could have varied? Not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the old, non-revised edition of the base game and all the expansions; every card in my sets are of the same quality and not coated with a textured pattern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No, none of the cards in my experience were the linen finish that you describe above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Ditto as Brian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game 2 weeks ago and nothing is coated. Just ordinary evil cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.