Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Burcar
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick question that keeps coming up in the games that we play. Are the flipped/closed cards supposed to be open or hidden information for your opponents? We've been playing it as hidden as it keeps the game moving and isn't too hard to track if it's really important to somebody. Every now and then, though, people want to peek at face-down cards and I'm not sure if there is an official ruling on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Welcome to the finals of the 43rd Stare Out Tournament. Press Esc to start.
mb
In the 'Applying Effects' section the rule says, that 'You may look at any of the face-down cards in front of you at any time', which implies to me, that you can't look the opponents' cards, just your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midaga wrote:
In the 'Applying Effects' section the rule says, that 'You may look at any of the face-down cards in front of you at any time', which implies to me, that you can't look the opponents' cards, just your own.

Is this the definitive answer? Technically all cards on the table are in front of you. It would be hard to keep track of things in a 4 or 5 player game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerbster76 wrote:
Midaga wrote:

Is this the definitive answer? Technically all cards on the table are in front of you. It would be hard to keep track of things in a 4 or 5 player game!

i agree with Midaga because the rules also talk about you playing your own cards in front of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new (2014) Z-Man rules say the following: "You may look at any of the face down cards in front of you at any time, but not the face down cards of other players."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.