Subject: Just shocked out of my mind.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tasso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I cannot believe this is real. Please someone tell me is this a joke? This came up as the hotness and already has more hits than the new game we just put out last month that we have been demoing at conventions and sending out samples of. TPOC came out in May and has half the hits this does! Argh! I said ARGH!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
"It's a TRAP!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:
I cannot believe this is real. Please someone tell me is this a joke? This came up as the hotness and already has more hits than the new game we just put out last month that we have been demoing at conventions and sending out samples of. TPOC came out in May and has half the hits this does! Argh! I said ARGH!!!

Your game couldn´t repell hits of this magnitude...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a joke. As it is funny, well-executed and the joker is one of the best known users on BGG, it is getting quite a lot of attention at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:

It is oftentimes incredibly frustrating to have the community focus on fluff, while ignoring other fellows' hard work. On many occasions I have seen amazingly good photographs of game setups - a couple of WW2 miniature scenes spring to mind - overlooked for the scrabble to peer at heavy-chested ladies playing baccarat or some such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:
TPOC came out in May and has half the hits this does! Argh! I said ARGH!!!

How do you think Farrah felt dying the same day as Michael Jackson?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
It is a joke. As it is funny, well-executed and the joker is one of the best known users on BGG, it is getting quite a lot of attention at the moment.

I would put it slightly different:
As the joker is one of the best known users on BGG, it got accepted as a game entry and no-one cares that it isn't an actual game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is it any less of a game than LCR or Tic-Tac-Toe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:

I know, this game "blue" my mind as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yugblad wrote:
jmtasso wrote:

It is oftentimes incredibly frustrating to have the community focus on fluff, while ignoring other fellows' hard work. On many occasions I have seen amazingly good photographs of game setups - a couple of WW2 miniature scenes spring to mind - overlooked for the scrabble to peer at heavy-chested ladies playing baccarat or some such.
I DO sincerely BELIEVE that I have much M-O-R-E of credible, contributed content, than YOU-all combined, or would 'deign' to acknowledge, so "check it OUT frog!", THEN perhaps you could begin & bepiss, bemoan, & "B"-bitchin' about your LACK on such, or I SHALL commence plenty eh?
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
jmtasso wrote:

[goes to check Baccarat Gallery]

It's a LIE TRAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats great, a homegrown game has more hits than a game thats been demoed at big places...I love IT!!

Power to the little designers!

Please dont be jealous though, its how the free market works .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Waves hand.] These are not the games you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Yugblad wrote:
jmtasso wrote:

Stoop- idity Reigns on the Intertubes while Logic and Reason stand aside.

It has always been this way and you can DO nothing 'bout it!

Someone, GrogNADs will suffer once Lucas finds out about this!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Of course, one wonders how slack the BGG admins could be about all of this.

What does it take to get a game listed here?

Not much.

Really, nothing at all it seems.

Next,

Let Go of my Eggo?

I Can't Believe this is a Boardgame?

I'll be Back-gammon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tasso
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
We are the little designers with the homegrown game and have invested a lot of time into trying to get it out. This makes me sad to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:
We are the little designers with the homegrown game and have invested a lot of time into trying to get it out. This makes me sad to see.

Well, Jonathan, why don't you post a thread about your game? I saw nothing on your personal space about it, and I don't know a thing about your game. Rather than complain about Robert's widely successful BGG splash with Admiral Ackbars "It's a TRAP" game, why don't you do something to drum up some attention for your game on BGG?

BTW - I'm pretty sure Robert is not out demo'ing "It's a TRAP" at cons and so forth, so I'm confident you have him beat in that area!

...meanwhile, I anxiously await the first expansion to "It's a TRAP", Grand Moff Tarkin's "You May Fire When READY!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
jmtasso wrote:

While I sympathize don't take it too hard. Internet Memes (huge and small) have always taken the spotlight from much worthier causes. People sometimes want to just snicker rather than invest energy in something more serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Velusion wrote:
jmtasso wrote:

While I sympathize don't take it too hard. Internet Memes (huge and small) have always taken the spotlight from much worthier causes. People sometimes want to just snicker rather than invest energy in something more serious.

What on this site, other than perhaps the charity auction for the girl, is "more serious"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just makes me all the more disappointed that The Battle for Manhattan, Kansas was removed from the database. I thought someone had archived it somewhere, but my google skills aren't up to the task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rodriguez
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Windopaene wrote:
Velusion wrote:
jmtasso wrote:

What on this site, other than perhaps the charity auction for the girl, is "more serious"?

Hell... I dunno...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27110 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:

Jealousy...its a very unbecoming thing on anyone...

Im with Leo, albeit I'll put it in slightly less nice terms, theres a Slipknot song quote that sums up your position nicely; "Stop your bitching and fight your way through it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If your game is not getting hits....its not interesting enough or you haven't gotten the word out.

One game getting hits doesn't take away hits from another game (as though they were a fixed number). If I'm surfing looking at games I'm probably MORE likely to find an additional game of interest. You can argue it both ways.

I think the joke is great. This is a website about entertainment, when it comes down to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:

No offense, but why doesn't your profile say a thing about it? How come we still know nothing about it after multiple posts?

You may be a great game designer, but your sale-fu needs works. No offense. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmtasso wrote:

I just had to search through your profile to find the game. Which isn't really 'getting it out'.

One more thing to consider is having lots of users sign up and rate it highly and never visit the site again is not the sign of a good game. I'm not saying your game isn't good but there have been plenty of occasions of game shilling that have gone very badly for the people involved.

Have you considered sending out copies to the better known reviewers/blogs? This would help your cause and get the game better known.

Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.