Subject: feedback on selling your collection to internet stores rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
José Agüero
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

I'm thinking about selling a big part of my games collection (including many collectible minis and cards). Does anyone has experience in selling to the internet shops such as NobleKnight? If so please let me know of your past experiences.

Cheers;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sold quite a few cards and games to CoolStuffInc and Troll & Toad and was pleased with both of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sold cards & minis to CoolStuffInc, StrikeZoneOnline, and MTGfanatic and been happy with the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sold a bunch of RPG stuff and Magazines to NobleKnight and everything went really smooth. I elected to get a store credit which more than covered the items I was looking for. Again, all went smooth, quick and hassle free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say enough good things about Noble Knight. I have probably made twenty transactions with them, some trade for credit, some direct purchases... every single one went well with great communication.

My one transaction with Troll wasn't so hot... no comms, no followup, no feedback after they purchased from me... it was an eBay purchase that they made, but not a very decent eBay buyer IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Vogel
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just finished my first transaction with Noble Knight Games and I have been very pleased. They did an excellent job of communicating with me through out the transaction. I sent a few board games and a bunch of role playing material to them for a store credit. They credited my account within a couple of days of receiving my packages and shipped the order I made with the credit within 24 hours. They did this despite the fact that they didn't receive quite everything I promised them. They were happy to either have me pay them back for the difference or just subtract it from my next trade.

I don't know about the other stores as I've never dealt with them, but you definitely cannot go wrong with Noble Knight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about CCG cards - who will take those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
What about CCG cards - who will take those?

That depends on the CCG, for example all of the ones I mentioned will buy Magic cards but only a two of them will buy Epic TCG cards. For most of the older 'dead' CCGs the best bet is going to be trying to sell them directly via eBay, here, or if the game still has presence on a message board somewhere on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you should see if you can find a buyer here first? You'll likely get a better price than if you were selling to an internet business.

Same with the CCG's...put up a thread saying "X" game is for sale. You might find buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
sirkerry wrote:

Hey...nice UberGeek Badge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Maybe you should see if you can find a buyer here first? You'll likely get a better price than if you were selling to an internet business.

definitely... T&T has ads here on BGG for out of print games and they are offering it seems 1/2 what they are selling for in the BGG marketplace and/or Ebay (though BGG is better, lower commisions, not forced to use paypal, supports BGG, etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.