Chris Braid
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this at the same time my (ir)regular opponent left the country. (I don't believe the two events are connected). Does anybody have any hints or tips for solo play? Discounting the old 'split personality' gambit, that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's about it as I remember. It's not the most solo-friendly game around, but it can be made to work. The good news is, the counters are so nondescript you may well forget who's who, which helps in this case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're in mid fight at the moment... but keep an eye around here in a few months... I'll be posting to see if anyone is interested in the next double blind scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rauh
United States
St. Peter
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an untried thought (I am responding now since I just won the game on ebay and played a few times now). Drop the chit pull system and adopt something along the lines of Panzer Grenadier or Lock n Load activation. Each unit may activate or do only one thing per turn and you alternate between players, activating one unit or stack, then the next player, and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Gabrielsson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Without split personality play (which I think works quite well) my only idea would be to develop some kind of priority list based on situation. Like, "Not isolated, enemy spotted at range 20 or less: Fire on enemy" and so on. If you want it to work well it would be a bit of work, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
The Great Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to the Two Hour Wargames website you can download their core rules called Chain Reaction for free. It's a set of solo miniature rules that can be adapted to any man to man board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
i may be the lone voice here, but are we talking about the same game? i think the sniper! (2nd edition & companion games by tsr at last) its quite solo friendly. you got the chit pull activation mechanism, (wich results in uneven and random turn allowances depending on the activation tracks of the forces involved) the panic routines, and the optional rules of single soldeir activation rolls (basically, roll a d6 for each soldier you want to activate in your phase, if the result is equal or higher than the soldier activation rating, it can perform its actions normally, if the result is lower than the soldier activation rating, the soldier doesnt activate.) add randomly designated activation ratings and panic ratings for each soldier, and all of this translates into a lot of wild and unpredictable gameplay flow, with your plans RARELY developing as you want in this game.. i find it perfect for solo games as it is honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.