Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I queried the set-up for this scenario. These are the responses from Rob Kouba:

1. Division 1 Tiger I starts in 'the hex with the grey border on map 7B'. In fact there are three such hexes. The rest of the Division start on the opposite side of the (complete) map for no obvious reason.

1) Tiger should be in any of the grey hexes on the specified board (it is indeed correct that the other members of the division are on the other side of the board.

2. Division 2 start in building hexes, including their Tiger I. TOI basic rules say that vehicles may never enter buildings

2) Their Tiger should also be on any hex with a grey border on 30B.

3. One of the two British entry hexes is adjacent to a German set-up area (on board 29B). Meanwhile the British Command Objective marker on map 26B, where you would expect to find a British entry hex, is well away from the action. The consequence is that the British cannot avoid losing the Initiative at the end of Turn 1.

3) You are correct. Although after the reinforcements from turn 1, the British can take it back by capturing the neutral building location if they choose to (along with the objective on 22A).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Palmer
United States
Birmingham
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
I queried the set-up for this scenario. These are the responses from Rob Kouba:

3. One of the two British entry hexes is adjacent to a German set-up area (on board 29B). Meanwhile the British Command Objective marker on map 26B, where you would expect to find a British entry hex, is well away from the action. The consequence is that the British cannot avoid losing the Initiative at the end of Turn 1.

3) You are correct. Although after the reinforcements from turn 1, the British can take it back by capturing the neutral building location if they choose to (along with the objective on 22A).

The Deployment Zone rules for the British states: "During the Action Phase of Round 1, the British player may move his tanks onto the board with a movement or move and fire action. He may use either hex with a green border. the tanks are considered to be moving from a road hex" (bold text added by me for effect).

In looking at the map, there are two green bordered hexes, one on board 29B and one on board 22A, where the 2-pt objective is. So, it's possible for the Brits CAN avoid losing the initiative at the end of Turn 1 since they have an easy opportunity to secure 2 command points during round 1 by entering the board from the hex on board 22A. Or am I reading something wrong here.

We just started the Operation Goodwood scenario and the British player used the 22A entry point as well as the 29B entry point and got the 2 points. Looked legal to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gun Shy
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like keeping it simple.
So..... Division 1s Tiger starts alongside Division2 and Divisons 2s Tiger starts alongside Division 1.

It is evident that a lot of the rules have been written badly. Which unfortunatley frustrates and hinders the game experience.

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
let me see if I understand this, Divsion 1 tiger starts on 7B and the squads in the grey hexs on 30B. Divsion 2 Tiger also on 30B and the squads on the building on 30B. So whats with the line about "south of the road on map 29B"????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.