Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mc
United States
Dunkirk
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the WK site is finally down I am totally missing the inventory feature.

Anyway I've been away from HC for some time and just got back into it due to cheap summer brick sale prices. I picked up Monsters and Mutations, Secret Invasion and Arkham Asylum. These were are really good imo.

I still have a ton of stuff from the first 6-8 expansions way back when.

The ones I don't have much of are Avengers, Supernova, Fanstastic Forces, Crisis, Justice League and the new Batman thing.

Any thought on which of those is best? I'm leaning towards a brick of Supernova.

Thanks in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Avengers - cases can be had for fairly cheap, decent selection of figs, fairly playable (in the 2.0 style, i.e. when they ditched the REV sets)

Supernova - REV style set with fairly unimpressive character list (unless you love the Kree-Skrull wars), overpriced due to scarcity

Fantastic Forces - goin' old-school, plenty of F4 goodness, many pieces have gone obsolete, but inexpensive as a result.

Crisis - underrated newer set, based on the Crisis On Infinite Earths series (awesome) wide range of characters, great sculpts, kinda pricey, but definitely fun

Justice League - very well-received set, and one of my faves. all the famous heroes in the 2.0 style, still widely available & inexpensive, can't go wrong

the new Batman thing - aka Alpha, aka bad attempt to reboot the game with re-sculpts and different rule-set, didn't work, stay away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mc
United States
Dunkirk
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks alot! I ended up getting a pretty good batch of JL and Avengers...as you noted the prices are right. It isn't hard to find 20 boosters of those for under $60.

Crisis is the one I'm on the fence about.

Thanks for the info, really helpful.

I can't believe there isn't a NECA thread yet. Since my last post it appears heroclix has indeed been bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Well, i just fixed that.
The world must know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.