quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Being a History of the War of the Gods and the Acts of Belgarath the Sorcerer
– adapted from The Book of Alorn
When the world was new, the seven Gods dwelt in harmony, and the races of man were as one people. Belar, youngest of the Gods, was beloved by the Alorns. He abode with them and cherished them, and they prospered in his care. The other Gods also gathered peoples about them, and each God cherished his own people. But Belar’s eldest brother, Aldur, was God over no people. He dwelt apart from men and Gods, until theday that a vagrant child sought him out. Aldur accepted the child as his disciple and called him Belgarath. Belgarath learned the secret of the Will and the Word and became a sorcerer. In the years that followed, others also sought out the solitary God. They joined in brotherhood to learn at the feet of Aldur, and time did not touch them. Now it happened that Aldur took up a stone in the shape of a globe, no larger than the heart of a child, and he turned the stone in his hand until it became a living soul. The power of the living jewel, which men called the Orb of Aldur, was very great, and Aldur worked wonders with it.

Good:

Belgarion - the King of Riva, Overlord of the West, Godslayer & disciple of Aldur. Husband of Ce'Nedra. Garion is called the "Child of Light" in the Mrin Codex and the Darine Codex. (Seer)

Belgarath - first disciple of the god Aldur and husband of Poledra. Ultimate Grandfather of Belgarion. Belgarath is called the "Eternal Man" or "Ancient One" and "Beloved" in the Mrin Codex. His natural form is that of a white-bearded old man of indeterminate race, but he is also fond of the form of a wolf, and occasionally takes the form of a falcon when speed is critical. (Seer)

Durnik - a Sendarian blacksmith at Faldor's Farm and later husband of Polgara. Durnik is called the "Man with Two Lives" in the Mrin Codex. (Hunter)

Velvet - (real name is Margravine Liselle). Velvet is called the "Huntress" in the Mrin Codex. Niece to Javelin, Head of the Drasnian Intelligence, and a resourceful spy despite her demure appearance. Ultimately seduces and marries Silk. (Brutal Hunter)

Silk/Kheldar - (real name is Prince Kheldar of Drasnia, also known as Ambar of Kotu and Radek of Boktor). Silk is called the "Guide" in the Mrin Codex. He is a skilled spy, merchant, thief, and acrobat. He is sharp-witted and cynical. Despite his status as a 'notorious bachelor' throughout the Belgariad, he eventually marries his fellow spy Velvet. (Nightpriest)

Polgara - daughter of Belgarath, ultimate Aunt of Belgarion. (Daypriest)

Barak - huge, red-bearded Cherek warrior and companion of Garion on the quest for the Orb. Known in the Mrin Codex as "The Dreadful Bear" due to the fact that he turns into a bear whenever Garion is in danger. (Tough Villager)

Ce’Nedra - Imperial Princess of Tolnedra, later the wife of Garion and Queen of Riva. Ce'Nedra is called the "Queen of the World and the Bride of Light" in the Mrin Codex. Dryad ancestry bred true in Ce'Nedra, and so she is very small, with red hair and green eyes, while her Borune ancestry gave her the traits of wilfulness and stubbornness. (Villager)

Errand - a boy sent by the Prophecy to be used to steal the Orb, due to his inherent innocence. Called the 'Bearer Of The Orb' by the Dals. (White hat)

Evil:
Agachak- Grolim High Priest of Cthol Murgos. A co-conspirator in King Urgit's scheme to eliminate Kal Zakath by a Dagashi assassin. (Brutal Wolf)

Chamdar - Pupil of Ctuchik and would-be disciple of Torak, Chamdar is arrogant and often overestimates his ability as a sorcerer (particularly when compared with Belgarath!), but is nevertheless extremely cunning and dangerous: for instance, he spent many years tracking down the hidden Rivan line, often eluding Belgarath's vigilance completely. (Tough Wolf)

Chabat - a Grolim priestess and magician. (Wolf cub)

Cutchik - disciple and high priest of Torak. Resides at Rak Cthol in Cthol Murgos. (Power Blocker Wolf)

Items:
Mrin Codex - see next post
Darine Codex

Summary:

Roles:
Evil:

Wolves – 3 – One brutal, one tough and one power blocker. Share a chat. Brutal can choose from anyone in the game kill. Tough survives the first lynch attempt. Power blocker can target one other player in the game and their power is ineffective for the night, also any items they hold will be blocked as well.

Wolf Cub – 1 – Does not know wolves. Is sorcerer who views for Mason Seers and Werewolves. Is promoted to wolf if wolf is lynched.

Good:

Seers – 2 – Each night Belgarion views another player in the game and learns wolf/not wolf. Will not be told if they hit the wolf cub before they are promoted to a wolf. Belgarath views book/no book.

Hunter – 1 - Survives the first NK attempt. If is in final two with a wolf or in final four with two wolves and the other hunter, Good will win.

Hunter – 1- When nightkilled, can choose another player in the game to brutal. If i in final two with a wolf or in final four with two wolves and the other hunter, Good will win.

Villagers– 5 – All five villagers will be told that they are villagers, however, one will be tough to first lynch attempt, one will be a Night Priest, one will be a Day Priest, one will be a white hat and one will be a plain villager.

Victory Conditions:

If the Evil earns parity with Good, then Evil wins.
If the Werewolves and Wolf Cub are eliminated, then Good Wins..
If Hunter is in final two with a wolf or in final four with wolves and the other hunter, Good will win.

Dates and Times:

Starts: when full
Dusk: 5:00 pm CST
Night Orders Due: 7:00 pm CST
Dawn: 7:30 pm CST

Additional rules

You may not use generated coded material in the game.
You may not use scripts to post.
No invisible,white or size 0 posts.
There are no hidden Victory Conditions.
There is no chance of conversion.
There are no hidden powers.

Edit:Someone may recognize this game as one of theirs. Remember imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pawn of Prophecy (13 player game)
Mrin Gives out affiliation(evil/good) or role.

Darine Codex gives out the qualifier line: is, is not, may be, may not be

If the book holder is nightkilled one of the wolves gets it. If the book holder is lynched, then the book will go randomly to one of the lynchers.

The books may be passed each night. Pass will occur before nightkill. No order to use book results in random view. It's a prophecy after all.

Since there is a random view if no order is submitted, it follows that there has to be a view every night. The holder of the book will place a view order,and if they wish a pass order. Events will be resolved :
Order of night actions:
kill
view
pass

View results will be supplied to viewer at dawn.

Belgarath is able to find the books and he follows the book for one pass. For example Belgarath views bob for book. positive. bob is lynched and susie gets book. Belgarath knows that susie has book. If book is passed to wolf due to nightkill Belgarath does not know who recieves it. (This is the extent of Belgarath's power as seer, I'm not renaming his role)

Amulets- 3 amulets will start with random people. Amulets are communication devices. Opens a chat room with another amulet holder. Chat rooms will be assigned anonymously, and the same two people will not chat more than once (as long as I can make that work....) Amulets may be passed each night before nightkill. Belgarath and Chamdar can each create an amulet each night.

UPDATE: Pay attention.
Cutchik has the Orb of Aldur. It makes it possible for him to see the view requested by Belgarath and reveal of book/no book he recieves. If Cutchik is the first wolf killed the orb falls into the hands of a random evil. If that evil is also killed the Orb returns to Aldur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
cbs42
cerenycus
Dispaminite
ElAdoranSureshot
Gelatinous Goo
greek2me
jageroxorz
JCwid
Kaldar
Khellendros
Melriken
Spud
Whirlinghurly

13 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4218...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I just started rereading this today! David Eddings was my favorite author waaaaay back when I started reading fantasy novels.

Stop making cool themes when I'm supposed to be taking a break from werewolf! angryangry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a lot of his books (he's written some new ones since I read him). I literally cannot tell you how many times I have read the Belgariad. I remember one weekend, when I got the whole series (after reading the first one, went back for the rest) that is all I did all weekend, was read. (long long before husband and kids)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Do you know Eddings went to my college (Reed)? I once looked up his senior thesis in the library. It's a hefty novel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
deborahjeanne wrote:
Items: (I'd like to use these, any suggestions for what they do? I have a couple of ideas)
Orb of Aldur
Mrin Codex
Darine Codex

Orb-ultimate power! too great for a mortal! your vote is doubled today, but you start tomorrow with an extra vote on you. Can't use more than once. (Maybe too easily abused?)

Mrin Codex-utterly unreadable except in the most bizarre circumstances. Each night, choose three players to view as a group. Returns a result of "odd" or "even" according to how many villagers are in the group.

Darine Codex-makes the Mrin Codex decipherable. If you hold it and the Mrin, you can choose any number of players when you use its ability.

I also like the idea of a one-way message system. The holder of the Darine can send an anonymous message to the holder of the Mrin every night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankyou. I especially like the one way message idea. don't quite understand the odd or even thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Do you know Eddings went to my college (Reed)? I once looked up his senior thesis in the library. It's a hefty novel.

That's cool. I bought one of his "newer" books some months ago, but it is just not the sort of thing I read these days, and I can't get into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
deborahjeanne wrote:
That's cool. I bought one of his "newer" books some months ago, but it is just not the sort of thing I read these days, and I can't get into it.

That also might be because his newer books stink.

Not joking. I love the man, but he only knows how to write so many stories before he has to rewrite them. He was actually very up front about this...basically said that he was writing by a formula for ancient epics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
deborahjeanne wrote:
Thankyou. I especially like the one way message idea. don't quite understand the odd or even thing.

The holder of the Mrin Codex chooses three players. For example ElAd, Deb, and Kaldar. Those players are viewed as a group.

If zero or two of those players are villagers, the holder gets the result "even" in modchat. If one or three, the result is "odd".

Basically the idea is to make the Mrin Codex almost worthless except in hindsight as you are piecing together information after several days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:

The holder of the Mrin Codex chooses three players. For example ElAd, Deb, and Kaldar. Those players are viewed as a group.

If zero or two of those players are villagers, the holder gets the result "even" in modchat. If one or three, the result is "odd".

Basically the idea is to make the Mrin Codex almost worthless except in hindsight as you are piecing together information after several days.

Ah I see now.
soblue how come no one else is showing any interest?

Its all khell's fault. He put up a bunch of (I bet) cooler games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Richards
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up if this does not start before July 15th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zaloth wrote:
Sign me up if this does not start before July 15th.

Not looking like that will be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my idea for the Mrin and Darine codex is a seer ability that needs the person viewed to have been viewed by someone with each book, or one person has both books. Since the darine proves the Mrin codex or something like that. IE

Bob has the Mrin Gives out race, or affiliation(evil/good)

jill has the Darine Codex gives out the qualifier line not is, etc

Bob views kay. gets the answer human(this can be anything and will change depending on the whim of the mod)

Jill views kay and gets not

so when you put the 2 views together you get not human.

So in this case you would drop a seer ad make them some other type of good special with some other power like belgarath has the ability to find the books, and such. Just a thought I had while looking at this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:

Ah I see now.

soblue Am I not enough for Debs' game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whirlinghurly wrote:
Well my idea for the Mrin and Darine codex is a seer ability that needs the person viewed to have been viewed by someone with each book, or one person has both books. Since the darine proves the Mrin codex or something like that. IE

Bob has the Mrin Gives out race, or affiliation(evil/good)

jill has the Darine Codex gives out the qualifier line not is, etc

Bob views kay. gets the answer human(this can be anything and will change depending on the whim of the mod)

Jill views kay and gets not

so when you put the 2 views together you get not human.

So in this case you would drop a seer ad make them some other type of good special with some other power like belgarath has the ability to find the books, and such. Just a thought I had while looking at this...

I knew I should have passed this idea on to someone who could do more with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:

Ah I see now.

soblue Am I not enough for Debs' game?

But but kaldar, if we don't get another person you'll have to be ninja evil ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deb. I'm long on ideas, just short on ability to manipulate cassie where I don't have 2 kids crawling all over me...

The orb will be tough to include since that level of power would overpower this game. Maybe make it a roleplaying element that the winner takes at the end of the game since thats what the initial 5 books are about. Maybe add some other items. neutral faction like the murgo assassin's. Add the zealot(Can't rememeber his name right now, the Maran prostitute) and a bunch of others. We could make this game LEGENDARY!!!
Would it be balanced, probably not, but it would be legendary!!!

What do you think about adding the amulets as a possible communication items? Anonymouse PM's through mod?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whirlinghurly wrote:
Deb. I'm long on ideas, just short on ability to manipulate cassie where I don't have 2 kids crawling all over me...

The orb will be tough to include since that level of power would overpower this game. Maybe make it a roleplaying element that the winner takes at the end of the game since thats what the initial 5 books are about. Maybe add some other items. neutral faction like the murgo assassin's. Add the zealot(Can't rememeber his name right now, the Maran prostitute) and a bunch of others. We could make this game LEGENDARY!!!
Would it be balanced, probably not, but it would be legendary!!!

What do you think about adding the amulets as a possible communication items? Anonymouse PM's through mod?

I thought of making it bigger but:

I wasn't sure I could get the participation
ninja I couldn't find a template to steal borrow ninja
I looked at the leather and lace game, but it is too big I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's summer and ur right. Hard to get the quantity of participation.

If I think up anything else thats thematic I will post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deborahjeanne wrote:

Ah I see now.

soblue
My games aren't cooler. Just look at how many people are joining up!
It's not my intention to "steal" your player. Heck, they should just sign up for both your and my game!

There are hardly any games at all, and I put up some games with Euro-friendlier hours (I hope), since I can't find any to join that suit my schedule, as I prefer to be around at both deadlines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Okay, whatever, I'm in.

This whole "cold turkey" think really didn't pan out like I planned.

I am such an addict...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khellendros wrote:
deborahjeanne wrote:

Ah I see now.

soblue
My games aren't cooler. Just look at how many people are joining up!
It's not my intention to "steal" your player. Heck, they should just sign up for both your and my game!

There are hardly any games at all, and I put up some games with Euro-friendlier hours (I hope), since I can't find any to join that suit my schedule, as I prefer to be around at both deadlines.

teasing. I like your games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Okay, whatever, I'm in.

This whole "cold turkey" think really didn't pan out like I planned.

I am such an addict...

Nope. I tried it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.