Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lee
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the BSG Game Board comes with the resources dials mounted on the board or if you have to install them yourself after you open the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(funnier in person)
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeyMike79 wrote:
Does anyone know if the BSG Game Board comes with the resources dials mounted on the board or if you have to install them yourself after you open the box?

You have to install them. It's not hard though. Also they usually come with spare parts (the connective parts for the dials) and you may find that some of your dials spin easier than others. Results may vary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takes all of 15 seconds to assemble.

Once assembled the spinners never need to be taken off and the 'assembled' board still fits nicely into the game box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's even noted in the rules that you have to assemble it before your first game. Instructions and pictures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This picture from the gallery shows how to assemble the dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YearoftheCat wrote:
MikeyMike79 wrote:

You have to install them. It's not hard though. Also they usually come with spare parts (the connective parts for the dials) and you may find that some of your dials spin easier than others. Results may vary.

This was my experience too: after installing them, I found that some dials spun more easily than others--so easily that sometimes accidentally brushing or jiggling them would cause them to turn and show some other number of resources left. Not good, not good at all.

My solution: after installing the dials, I put the board on a hard surface, took a hammer, and banged away on the top of the plastic connectors. This brought all the dials to the same level of tightness. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.