Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Homerules on new races and badges (Hydra/Nuke) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Väinö Hirvelä
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so obviously there are no official rues for these since what I am asking consist of homemade races/badges. But anyways tell me how you play them and bonus points if the authors care to give their "official" opinions.

Nuke
1.When can you nuke/plague a place? Only on your own turn or whenever even during opponents attack?
2.Obviously you still cant nuke for example the dragon or hole-in-the-ground? (Since they are immune to racial and special powers?)
3.Does nuke hit instantly or does it take a while in "the arriving"?
4. Can nuke attack anywhere or just one adjacent regions? (of the nuke people)

Hydra
1.Does hydras suffer -1 even if they were attacked this turn and that way get more hydras that turn?
2.Does hydras lose 1 poulation every my turn? Or even every opponents turn?
3. How many hyrdra tokens do I need to print for the race?! Obviously this needs to be balanced since there is some upper limit in sorceresses and skeletons and that amount is even different (in both cases).

Btw. Could someone have a crack at it and make those hydra tokens ready for print?!

Bonus: Are my choices balanced/good?! (in your opinion) I would not want to choose a race to discard from game the orgial (as the game rules state). I want to print new tokens for my extra races! I hope this does not brake the game somehow.
Also I did like demons also but I am thinking because in the orginal game there were only 1 race to contender each "special" place in the map (farmland/magic place/mines etc) if wizards and demons are playing at the sametime which is not impossible it would be bad for both of those players. Favoring too much the other players in the game.

Also funny note I was playing with the idea of creating my own race! It would have had to be "Raccoonmen" and it would have the ability to somehow steal victory coins out of players hands.

But wow. I have no idea how to make this into a balanced idea! Also I dont have the means to test this. (I get to play my boardgames not that often and would not want those few times to be umbalanced.)

But if someone wants to give me help in figuring this out or mayby perfect it themselves and go to win that contest! Be free! I would just like if someone wants to use this idea as entry in competition that it would be named raccoonmen or raccoonpeople etc (anways sommething to do with raccoons)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian G.
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call them bandits and make the picture of a racoon. It would fit better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.