Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Hammack
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really a session report, but just a general comment. Three players playing an investigator each. One was Lily Chen, another was the Spy, and I was getting to be my favorite character, Bob Jenkens.

Tony was playing Lily, and quickly got cursed, and lost in Space. I gathered clue tokens, and the Spy started trying to pass her personal story.

Gates popped open, only one in Innsmouth. The next thing I know is I am sucked to the Great Race because of an encounter.

Tony would pop out into the other board. Then on the Mythos the already aforementioned gate opened him up sucking him to Yuggoth.

The following turn the seventh gate opened up, waking the tentacle ancient one from Innsmouth. We would be defeated by the dice.

The only other note was The spy and I kept getting attacked by monsters from encounters, so we had to sneak or fight the tentacle for a total of three times.

Bad luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My "best" is the GOO waking from doom track filling in 7 turns. Rhan-Tegoth (11 doom track), 6 different gates, first 3 gates drew a Cultist (which adds a doomer with this GOO), then a double-doomer. Made Yig look like molasses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My record is 2 turns (4 mythos cards). GOO was Cthulhu IIRC, Herald Dagon. 3 of 4 gates were out in the sea of Innsmouth leading to a massive monster surge directly into the vortices. Deep Ones rised by the end of turn 2. Ouch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
My record is 2 turns (4 mythos cards). GOO was Cthulhu IIRC, Herald Dagon. 3 of 4 gates were out in the sea of Innsmouth leading to a massive monster surge directly into the vortices. Deep Ones rised by the end of turn 2. Ouch!

Do you post over on the FFG forums? I recall someone reporting a similar game, Cthulhu + Hydra & Dagon, gate opens at Devil's Reef, then surge (that combo can take place during pre-game laugh ). They were using Epic Battle and got the Cthulhu Plot where you roll a die and that many investigators are devoured as the first card during EB, they had 5 investigators, rolled a 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cresswell
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some days those GOOs take no prisoners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:

Do you post over on the FFG forums? I recall someone reporting a similar game, Cthulhu + Hydra & Dagon, gate opens at Devil's Reef, then surge (that combo can take place during pre-game laugh ). They were using Epic Battle and got the Cthulhu Plot where you roll a die and that many investigators are devoured as the first card during EB, they had 5 investigators, rolled a 6.

Yes I post over on the FFG forums, but the story you described wasn't me. We only had one Herald and we did not die by a nasty Cthulhu Plot. He toyed with us for the full 7 rounds, regenerating faster then we could hurt him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.