Subject: In English? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really interesting - love the artwork.

A few questions:-

> Is there likely to be any an English translation of the rules/tables?
> Is it likey to be published - I notice the files section here has all of the required items so I'm assuming not?

Interesting subject and a great looking effort, definitely interested in how it plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Santamaría Iraolagoitia
Spain
Usánsolo-Galdakao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Gordon,

The files that are here in BGG contain the complete game, with all his components.

I it will try to translate to English, though I will need help, since I am not sure that my translation is understandable.

Thank you very much for his praises.

Regards,

Felipe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Felipe,

I'd be more than happy to help tidying up the English once a basic translation has been done, but my Spanish is non-existant so I can't really help with the main hard work before that.

In terms of gameplay what choices/decisions does the player get to make? - are they tactical or strategic? - or is it just a sim along the lines of 'here we go again' lets see who makes it back alive this time? If the latter their should be a 'Flashman' counter included - see my micro-badge,

Also does it cover just the Charge of the Light Brigade or does it also cover the 'Heavy Brigade' and the 'Thin Red Line'.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards.

Gordon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Santamaría Iraolagoitia
Spain
Usánsolo-Galdakao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

The personage of Flashman (Sir Harry Paget) is a fictitious character and is not the same that Lord George Paget that took part in the famous Charge.

The game tries to simulate the Charge, such and since it happened really. For this motive, there are no strategic decisions that could change the result. For example: what had happened if instead of attacking to the cannons of the front, there attack the cannons of the right (according to Lord Raglan's original idea)? What had happened if it attacks also the Heavy Brigade or the Infantry?

Surely the slaughter had not taken place. But it would change totally the history.

What to my me pleases the game is that you manage to endear someone of his characters and almost to "pray" in order that he does not die.

There are optional rules that if they allow a certain degree of "strategy". For example: must I use with the cavalry the pistol or the saber to attack this Russian rider? (There is penalty for using the pistol). The lancers: they will attack normally or will use the advantage of his long lances using this optional rule?

If when it finishes the game and me Victoria's Points are absent to win must I use the rule of "Wouded recovery"? (It can help me to win or even it can harm me more)

Anyhow, as I indicate in the introduction of the game, am not a designer of games. Only I am a fan. If there is some idea that could improve the game, always it will be welcome.

I have tested and translated the first 8 pages of the rules. Please, correct the mistakes that it could have and say to me if he understands himself.

I have done it in format of "Word" in order that it could correct easily. Thank you very much for his help.

I send the link my MediaFire's "Hard Disk" where I have upload the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=42ddbd8f3d5a95acab1eab3e9...

The file (and the complete game) is in:
JUEGOS/JUEGOS DE TABLERO(page 2)/EL VALLE DE LA MUERTE (SOLITARIO)

In the folder "PARTIDA CON FOTOS" there is a complete example of game with many photographies (though it is in Spanish).

Also I have here many complete games (but translated into the Spanish), though there is a folder, also in the page 2 that calls "JUEGOS EN INGLÉS" and there are a few simple games in English. If there is something that he likes, it can download it without any problem.

When he has corrected 8 translated pages, erase the rest of the pages me send the pages corrected to: felisan88@yahoo.com

Thank you very much again and a greeting,

Felipe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded some English rules. I was originally going to do the map and counters, but I got bogged down. I probably won't be doing the counters, but I'll translate the map eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.