Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night, my friend opened up his new game of RftG. He has played a couple of games before it so at least, we had someone a little experienced to explain the rule to 3 players that never had played a type of game that everyone does the action choosen (like San Juan or Puerto). I told my friend that when a game as a lot of stuff to learn and cards with lot of stuff on it, it usually means there are tons of different strategies that opens up which usually is a good thing. I wasn't wrong about this game, it's awesome.

The first game went a bit slow since we asked a lot of questions and processed and applied all the new symbology.

2nd and 3th game was a blast. Some basic strategy came out but it was hard to do some deep strategy since we don't even know what are all the cards yet in the deck. My friend won the second game just by doing a quick build strategy, he won with 18 points. In that game, I was going with an Alien build strategy which I needed a lot of more time (ended up with 15 points).

First game, and third game, points averaged 35.

Earlier this evening, we played a game of Dominion since we were waiting for a friend. I know there is a lot of thread about Dominion vs RftG but in my opinion, RftG is better for me since there are tons more strategies you can do. There are more roads then Dominion (I still love Dominion though).

I can't wait to play it again and to try it out someday with an expension which I read that opens up another whole can of strategies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you registered in April of this year...

Welcome to our Galaxy Mr. Snake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike christiansen
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat, snake. I've had race on my shelf for months now, but couldn't get anyone to play w/ me. I finally got some crew to play it and I thought it was a blast. there was a lot of head scratching to begin w/ but they picked it up by the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I am eager to get this game, but I think that it will not work as a solo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

I am eager to get this game, but I think that it will not work as a solo :(

The solo game is quite elaborate and does work well imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
elfrododumbo wrote:

I am eager to get this game, but I think that it will not work as a solo

The solo game is quite elaborate and does work well imo.

If you have the first expansion Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm which has rules and components (markers, special dice, playboard) for a solo game. The base game doesn't include solo rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

So, first expansion would allow me to play solo ? But, I would still need the base game.
Wow ! Not exactly cheap

Thanks, Robert. I would have made a blunder if you had not clarified what is needed for a solo variant.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.