Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Dutch version of Agricola so my translation of card names and text may be off a bit. Me and my friends have some questions with the game:

1) We have some discussion about how the cost for modularly costed improvements work, take the 'Corn Storehouse' card (Whenever you have empty fields after the Field phase of the Harvest, you can sow grain in
them. Place 1 fewer grain on these fields.
) I suppose this costs either 2 wood + 2 reed OR 2 clay + 2 reed. Is this correct? As far as I can tell the Dutch manual doesn't mention how this cost works.

2) Is it allowed to put, for example, 2 stables in a pasture (if it encompasses 2 squares)? If so, does it quadruple the maximum allowed animals?

3) Can you turn in the minor improvement 'Simple Fireplace'(Veg->2F, Sheep->1F, Wild Boar->2F, Cattle->3F, Bake bread: Grain->2F) to build the major improvement 'Fireplace'?

Thank you,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some Agricola rules questions
The first two are yes. The last one I am not completely sure about, but I believe it is a yes as the minor improvement has the word "fireplace" in it's name, but I am not 100% sure on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tekar wrote:
1) We have some discussion about how the cost for modularly costed improvements work, take the 'Corn Storehouse' card (Whenever you have empty fields after the Field phase of the Harvest, you can sow grain in
them. Place 1 fewer grain on these fields.
) I suppose this costs either 2 wood + 2 reed OR 2 clay + 2 reed. Is this correct? As far as I can tell the Dutch manual doesn't mention how this cost works.

Does the Dutch manual contain the appendix, in very small print? In the English and German edition, it contains the answer to this question (Yes).

Quote:
2) Is it allowed to put, for example, 2 stables in a pasture (if it encompasses 2 squares)? If so, does it quadruple the maximum allowed animals?

Yes.

Quote:
3) Can you turn in the minor improvement 'Simple Fireplace'(Veg->2F, Sheep->1F, Wild Boar->2F, Cattle->3F, Bake bread: Grain->2F) to build the major improvement 'Fireplace'?

No. But you may upgrade it to a Cooking Hearth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

You'd trade it for a Cooking Hearth, which is better than a fireplace anyway, so I'm assuming that's what you meant. If you meant to ask if, by playing the minor improvement fireplace, you immediately traded it out with one of the Major Improvement's Fireplaces, than no. You keep the Minor Improvement Fireplace in front of you and and use it as you would any of the others. Later on you may upgrade to a Cooking hearth by going to the Major Improvement space and trading it in (i.e. discard, in this case, since it wouldn't go back on the major improvement board.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.