Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1037 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Gravedigger wins - Good and Evil lose! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance!
Enlist today, and join the fight for a better tomorrow!

It was merely days after their benevolent lord had died, that the Duke from the neighbouring county had invaded the land. His bribes had swayed most of the troops stationed in the keep of the late Lord, which removed the need for a siege to take hold of the fortress. He simply marched in through the open gates, much to the astonishment of the occupants. Proclaiming himself the new ruler, he was quick to impose high taxes and strict regulations, in order to accumulate wealth and power within his recent acquisition. More than once it was whispered he was greedier than a dragon, his treasury undoubtedly surpassing that of such a mythical creature. Nothing was further from the truth though. Constant warfare with his neighbours, to meet his expensive dreams of grandeur, had left the Duke low on funds. The mercenary troops he has attracted were effective, but quite costly as well. And even though he would've done so anyway, the Duke imposed taxes on whatever his conniving mind could think of. Gathering water from the town well was even charged these days.
It did not take long for several rebellious movements to rise up against this cruelty. They had lived long and prosperous under the gracious rule of their late Lord. It had made the Duke's policies seem like outright torture. A feeling of resistance grew stronger each day.
The Duke had trusted his mercenaries with quelling the usurpers. Rumor (and quite a few coerced confessions) had it that a rebel leader had risen up among the inhabitants of his new realm, rallying the various rebel factions under one banner and preparing them to strike at the Duke when the time was right. Seizing the tactical advantage, the Duke knew he had to strike first, before the various little groups could band together and form a veritable army. He had left a capable mercenary captain in charge of the matter, who in turn had hired a ruthless bounty hunter to help them track their quarry. He had led them to a small village, which he suspected housed the core of the resistance against the Duke's rule. A bulging coinpurse quickly acquired them a local asset, which would undoubtedly prove valuable in rooting out the rebels. To inspire fear into the general public and force their cooperation, a large scaffolding was built in the town square. Those arrested for treason were summarily executed by a skillful henchman on the platform, for all to hear and see.
The Captain smiled to himself. He'd have this little rebellion quelled by the end of next week, if not sooner! He had already started dreaming of a promotion in one of the southern provinces.

TEAM EVIL (5)
- Wins the game when parity is reached.

The Mercenary Captain
- Tough: Survives the first lynch/poison attempt.
- Lone Wolf. Decides the NK.
- Knows the identity of the Bounty Hunter and the Mercenary Drill Sergeant.

The Mercenary Drill Sergeant
- Brutal: On lynch, chooses from voters. On kill, chooses from everyone.
- Wolf Cub. Shares a chat with the Mercenary Soldier. Views as Wolf and counts for parity before promotion.
- When the Captain dies, he is promoted and the Cub chat is closed.
- Learns the identity of the Bounty Hunter on promotion.

The Mercenary Soldier
- Wolf Cub. Shares a chat with the Mercenary Drill Sergeant. Views as Wolf and counts for parity before promotion.
- When the Sergeant dies, he is promoted and the Cub chat is closed.

The Executioner
- Wolf Cub. Is promoted after the Mercenary Soldier dies. Views as Wolf and counts for parity after one of the Mercenaries have died. Knows the Captain.
- Decapitate: Once per game, decides lynch. This power is lost when he's promoted.

Promotion for any Wolf Cub means they become a standard Wolf, and get a chat with any other Wolves that are still alive at that time.

The Traitor
- Counts as wounded Resistance Fighter for all purposes.
- Message: He can send an anonymous message of up to 256 characters to any player at night.
- If protected by the Innkeeper, he learns the identity of the Innkeeper at Dawn.
- If treated by the Healer, he learns the identity of the Healer at Dawn.
- Bounty reward: 1

TEAM GOOD (12)
- Wins the game when all wolves and cubs are dead.

The Innkeeper
- Mason with the Waitress.
- Shelter: At night, he can offer shelter to any player, effectively preventing that player from being affected by an action of any sort. The same player cannot be sheltered on consecutive nights.
- Message: He can send an anonymous message of up to 256 characters to any player at night.
- Stock the larder: Once per game, the Innkeeper can decide to kill the player he's protecting. This power fails on a Wolf or Wolf Cub.

The Waitress
- Mason with the Innkeeper.
- Brutal: On lynch, chooses from voters. On kill, chooses from everyone.
- Charm: Can charm a player each night. Target player's actions and abilities are blocked/negated for 24h and is notified of this. Can't target the same player twice.

The Healer
- View Wounded: At night, views for a wounded player.
- Heal: At night, can choose to treat the injuries of a wounded player. If that player is a wounded Resistance Fighter, he restores that player's health, effectively removing the wounded trait.
- Poison: Once per game, the Healer can choose to poison a previously viewed or known player.
- Passive Day Priest. Roles of the lynch targets are revealed while he's alive.

The Resistance Leader
- Tough: Survives the first lynch/kill/poison attempt.
- Hunter: Defies parity on 2v2 (game continues) or 1v1 (good wins) situations.
- Counts as a Resistance Fighter for all purposes.
- Bounty reward: 2

The Resistance Scout
- Seer. Views for Wolf each night.
- Counts as a Resistance Fighter for all purposes.

The Resistance Fighter (7)
- Villager.

TEAM NEUTRAL (2)

The Bounty Hunter
- Knows the Traitor.
- Wound: Wounds a player each night. That player learns he was wounded that night. In addition, if that player is either the Innkeeper, Waitress or Healer, the player learns the identity of the Bounty Hunter that night. If his victim is treated by the Healer that same night, he learns the identity of the Healer.
- Assassinate: Kills a wounded player. This kill overrides the kill order made by the Wolf, unless the Bounty Hunter himself was targeted as the NK. The Bounty Hunter can only use this ability every other night (e.g. N1, N3, N5, etc.).
- Reward: The Bounty Hunter collects the bounty (if any) for each wounded player that died at night (by any means).
- Retirement: Upon collecting 3 bounties, when the Bounty Hunter survives the next lynch, he can choose to retire and achieve a personal minor victory in doing so. Upon collecting 5 bounties, when the Bounty Hunter survives the next lynch, he can choose to retire and achieve a personal major victory in doing so.

The Gravedigger
- Tough: Survives the first lynch/kill/poison attempt.
- Passive Night Priest. Roles of the killed targets are revealed while he's alive.
- Unmarked Grave: Can block his own passive role reveal power. This power cannot be used if it was used the previous night. The Gravedigger himself still learns the identity of the killed victim(s).
- Wins the game if only 3 players are left and he's one of them. Other sides lose.

Night Action Order:
- Retire (Bounty Hunter)
- Power Block (Waitress)
- Offer Shelter (Innkeeper)
- Kill Protégé (Innkeeper)
- View for Wolf (Scout)
- Wound Player (Bounty Hunter)
- View for Wounds (Healer)
- Treat Wounds (Healer)
- Use Poison (Healer)
- Send Message (Innkeeper/Traitor)
- Kill player (Wolf/Bounty Hunter)
- Brutal kill (Waitress/Sergeant)
- Block role reveal (Gravedigger)

NO posting at night!

Role Summary
- 1 Tough Wolf
- 1 Brutal Wolf Cub mason
- 1 Wolf Cub mason
- 1 Wolf Cub Lynch Decider
- 1 Traitor

- 1 Seer
- 1 Bodyguard + 1 shot kill + mason
- 1 Brutal Powerblocker + mason
- 1 Passive Day Priest/Tag remover + 1 shot kill
- 1 Tough Hunter
- 7 Villagers

- 1 Tagger/Wolf
- 1 Tough Night Priest

General Information:
- 4PM Dusk, 5PM Dawn.
- I cannot be online on Fridays between 9AM and 6PM.
Two options:
A) Dusk on Friday is after 6 PM and the subsequent Dawn is somewhere in the AM's (Saturday morning for me).
B) Friday is skipped entirely, resulting in only 4 effective game days per week.
- LHLV tie-breaker, votes cast after 4:00 PM are invalid.
- NO posting at night!
- Random negative N0 views.
- No reveal on death.
- No conversion, no items.
- No hidden agenda. Everything is as described in the roleset.
- Forgetting to enter an order results in nothing happening. Orders made after 5:00 PM are invalid.
- Conditional orders are allowed.
- Scripted posts are allowed, time-scheduled posts/votes are not.
- Codes are not allowed.
- No hidden messages (white letters, font-size 0) in posts.
- Participation required! Failure to post/vote at least once every game cycle will result in a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance!
Player List According to Cassandra:
BloodPlum
cerenycus
Cmot Dribbler
DeeAwnTay21
Dekal
dNatural
ElAdoranSureshot
HerbieGRD
jageroxorz
Kaldar
kuchick
Melriken
MrVash1
Questions
Revenant_RJM6
RoldLampin
StatSig
sydwys8
zaloth

19 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4219...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (0/19)
This looks interesting, but I have a question about the bounty hunter's assassinate power. Does that mean that the bounty hunter could choose to assassinate someone every night, effectively rendering the wolf's kill power useless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:
This looks interesting, but I have a question about the bounty hunter's assassinate power. Does that mean that the bounty hunter could choose to assassinate someone every night, effectively rendering the wolf's kill power useless?

He can only assassinate people he has wounded in a previous night. Ie; he has to mark them first, the best he could do is every other night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:

Correct. The Bounty Hunter could, in theory, prevent the Wolf from ever making a kill if he keeps using his Assassinate ability.
Since that would be no fun for the Wolf, I've made an exception to the Wolf's NK that if the Wolf targets the Bounty Hunter as his NK choice, the Bounty Hunter's assassinate doesn't overrule the Wolf's, resulting in the Bounty Hunter's death. Since every Wolf will always know who the Bounty Hunter is, they can effectively kill him off if he is being "annoying".

Thanks for spotting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, if the Bounty Hunter killed every day without wounding/marking people, he would most definitely lose...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (1/19)
Kaldar wrote:
bluelise wrote:

He can only assassinate people he has wounded in a previous night. Ie; he has to mark them first, the best he could do is every other night.

Kaldar's remark has merit too. Perhaps it would be too easy for the Bounty Hunter if he could both wound and kill in the same night.
Restricting it to only once per game, or to make a choice between Wounding and Assassinating seems a bit too harsh for him to still have a decent shot at obtaining his VC's.
I'll go with Kaldar's suggestion and limit the Bounty Hunter's Assassinate power to be used only every other night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (1/19)
Okay, after bugging you with a question and getting such thorough responses from you and Kaldar, I'm up for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (2/19)
Khellendros wrote:
Kaldar wrote:
bluelise wrote:

Kaldar's remark has merit too. Perhaps it would be too easy for the Bounty Hunter if he could both wound and kill in the same night.
Restricting it to only once per game, or to make a choice between Wounding and Assassinating seems a bit too harsh for him to still have a decent shot at obtaining his VC's.
I'll go with Kaldar's suggestion and limit the Bounty Hunter's Assassinate power to be used only every other night.

Ah, I assumed it was One or the Other sort of night action. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete McCartney
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (4/19)
Looks like fun,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imperial Flavor
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (4/19)
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (8/19)
I'm sorry I had to withdraw. I have some relatives visiting during the next few weeks and I know I would miss a few lynches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (7/19)
All graduated with a new laptop, so I'm back and ready to roll.

(Probably won't be able to make lynch, though, so if that's a problem I'll withdraw.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (9/19)
Woo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Kempe
msg tools
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (9/19)
Hello, I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (11/19)
This game looks like a lot of fun I am jsut not sure my werewolf level is up to this yet. But i look forward to playing games like this in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (13/19)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Love Bug
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (13/19)
It's been a while so I'm probably rusty, but I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Because he is my very best friend :)
badge
Fighting evil by moon light, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (15/19)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (16/19)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (18/19)
You know what?! I need a game cool

Edit: I need to be one of them good cool roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imperial Flavor
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Re: We want YOU to fight (for) the Resistance! - Sign Ups (19/19) - FULL
Yeah boy! Checking in! Is lynch today or tomorrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Because he is my very best friend :)
badge
Fighting evil by moon light, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoldLampin wrote:
Yeah boy! Checking in! Is lynch today or tomorrow?

That is a very good question that I would like to know as well. I'm going to guess it's tomorrow as we just got our rolls assigned, but I'm also hoping it's today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts: [vote jmilum]

3. Only one vote per post.

4. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked (voting
nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it
must come after it, this does not violate Rule #3)

5. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly
if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day)
are also available on the Cassandra game page.

6. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

7. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

8. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

9. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

10. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4219...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4219...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First lynch will be Wednesday, 4 PM

I notice a lot of newer players, so just a friendly word of advise: Check the Cassandra communication system, it is used to enter your orders (if you have any) and to chat with me (and possibly other players).
If you any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4219...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.