3 Posts

Centrepoint» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Queries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
xensyria x
msg tools
mb
The game seems good, but the rules are a little unclear on a few (sometimes crucial) points - if anyone has any ideas on how these can be resolved then please post! If the developers can be contacted then it'd be great to get definative answers.

1. Can the Lancer take enemy pieces that are only 1 square away diagonally, or are they unable to as they can normally move only 2 squares exactly?

2. Can pieces move into and out of the four castle squares diagonally, or must they go through the square directly in front?

3. See the diagram (http://yfrog.com/eacentrepointj). When moving diagonally to and from the inner two rings to the outer ones which of the following routes are allowed?
To the Centre
6 - 2 - 1
7 - 3 - 1
10 - 4 - 1
11 - 5 - 1
From the Centre
1 - 2 - 6
1 - 3 - 7
1 - 4 - 10
1 - 5 - 11
The difference makes a huge strategic difference - whether the inner squares have two diagonal lines of attack or four, and if they can be attacked from a square they can't threaten.
All that the rules indicate is essentially that for pieces other than Lancers and Scouts the colour of squares is irrelevant, and the diagram shows movement both ways on two arrows equivalent to moving 1 - 3, 3 - 1, 1 - 4, and 4 - 1, and implies diagonal movement on from 1 - 3 to 7 etc. and 1 - 4 to 10 and so on. The rules which I've been using are that only 1 - 2 - 6 and 1 - 5 - 11 are allowed out from the centre diagonally, while 6 - 2 - 1, 7 - 3 - 1, 10 - 4 - 1 and 11 - 5 - 1 are all allowed in towards the centre, ignoring the diagram which seems incomplete: surely 1 - 2 - 6 and 1 - 5 -11 are allowed moves?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why why why didn't I set up a RRGSP! (Registered Retired Gamer Saving Plan)
badge
So many games.... so little time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
Based on what I understand from the rules, these are my interpretations. They seem pretty clear to me. It would have been nice if they had ever published their books - it would have avoided the chaos.... oh wellshake

1)It is specifically stated that a lancer moves two spaces at a time, no more, no less. It also says that leapfrogging over another pieces is not allowed. So my answer would be that they cannot take the piece, nor can they jump over it.

2) I would take the castle squares to include the decoration and say yes diagonal and straight are allowed - they really should have clarified this in the original rules.

3) The diagram on the rules shows 2 way traffic, which means to me that all the diagonals you question are valid in both directions giving the inner rings four lines of diagonal attack.

If you ever come across some published info, either free or commercial, website or book, it would be great if you would post it here. I'll do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Fearns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello, does anybody have a copy of the rules that can be linked? I have found this game, Centrepoint, in a charity shop but there are no instructions.
Many thanks, Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.