Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan chapman
United States
Cambridge
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I neighbor saw my gaming stuff and had his brother send him his dark eldar army so that we could play some games of 40k. I quit buying rules for 40k after 2nd edition- (I picked up lots of codex and such from ebay of 2nd edition) and I have not played 40k in 5 or so years.

So we want to play 40k- i loaned him my 2nd editon eldar book, but he wants to use his dark eldar charaters, weopons and vehicles. Any suggestions on converting the rules- I noticed that point values are not compatiable.

I know 2nd edition is about 10 years out of date....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mars
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest just matching the DE units to an Eldar unit and use their stats and rules, including characters. So a Raider would use the rules for a Wave Serpent, a splinter rifle would use the stats for a shuriken rifle, etc. He would basically be playing a "counts as" army of Dark Eldar as Eldar. Plus the points system would match against your army. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Various older websites still have trial rules for 2nd edition Dark Eldar. Just type in Dark Eldar 2nd Edition in a browser and see what pops up. Don't know how playtested they are, though. I, personally, went through an updated the 2nd edition Eldar to the new stuff that got added in 3rd and subsequent editions... same for Chaos. No one else really got much added, just taken away. Eldar Fusion guns ended up just being Meltaguns again with a different name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option is that 3rd edition (also now out of date) plus a codex for eldar and a codex for dark-eldar would not set you back much from ebay.
True, im not a fan of the rules after 2nd edition but its an easy way for you to get playing and enjoy some games, the more familiar you get, the more you will feel confident about converting the dark eldar rules back to your 2nd ed rules.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.