flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new promotional image of the expansion here:

http://images.funagain.com/illus/large/20626.jpg

What I can make out from the new image:

Caprica Six and Helena Cain are two of the new characters.

Helena Cain's first ability involves the "Admiral's Quarter's" location. Her second ability is called "Blind Jump". She draws 2 leadership cards as part of her skill set.

There is a New Caprica crisis called "Recover Launch Keys" that has a difficulty of 10 and requires leadership, tactics and engineering.

There is a new loyalty card called "Infiltration".

There is a new Quorum card called "Probation".

Another new card, though I can't figure out what type it is (though it looks like a loyalty card) called "Grant Mercy" (as far as I can tell).

Another new normal crisis called "Training (something)" with a difficulty of 8 and requires leadership and piloting. Pass condition has no effect, fail condition says "Damage 2 vipers in space...(something)..."

One of the treachery skill cards called "God's Plan" with a strength of 2 and an effect that takes place during movement.

A new engineering card called "Jury Rigged" with a strength of 1. The text says "Play before... added to a... reduce."

A new leadership card called "Major Victory" with a strength of 1.

A new destination card called "A Civilian Convoy", distance 3, text says: "Lose 3 fuel and gain 1 population. The admiral may choose to lose 1 morale to gain 1 fuel."

That's all I can make out. Any additions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also just noticed that Cain draws tactical cards in an either/or as part of her skill set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:

Another new normal crisis called "Training (something)" with a difficulty of 8 and requires leadership and piloting. Pass condition has no effect, fail condition says "Damage 2 vipers in space...(something)..."

Training Snafu

Damage 3 vipers in space area or in the "Reserves."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
Nice squinting. Here are my additions.

Helena Cain's once-per-turn action is: Intolerant - When an "Admiral's Quarters" skill check is passed with a 10 or more, you may choose to execute that character instead of sending him to the "Brig."

GRANT MERCY appears to be an alternate win condition. The first two words in bold are "YOU WIN."

The "Training" crisis card is called "Training Snafu."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone make out which location is shown on the damage token at the bottom of the image?

I've e-mailed Funagain to ask if they have a larger version of the image, but I doubt it (or that they're allowed to release it if they do).

EDIT: Just answered my own question; the damage chit is for the Airlock location, meaning that Pegasus can be damaged in combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My hunch is that cylon leaders (and perhaps cylon players that reveal) draw loyalty cards from a different stack, and that Grant Mercy is one of them. In that case, you would be a merciful cylon leader.

From what I can make out:

You W(in if)

-The human(s win)

-Population(, Food, (and/or) Morale is) 2 or lower.

I made up the stuff in parentheses but it seems appropriate. You beat one of their resources into the ground and then grant them mercy. Of course, the other cylon players on the human team still want them dead!

The last part could be any combination of resources, but I left out fuel because it seems unlikely. It's usually low by the games end because destination cards are practically the only thing that affect it.

Edit - There is what looks like a damage token at the bottom of the image. The front of it matches one of the locations on Pegasus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
My hunch is that cylon leaders draw loyalty cards from a different stack, and that Grant Mercy is one of them. In that case, you would be a merciful cylon leader.

From what I can make out:

You W(in if)

-The human(s win)

-Population(, Food, or Morale is) 2 or lower.

I made up the stuff in parentheses but it seems appropriate. You beat one of their resources into the ground and then grant them mercy. Of course, the other cylon players on the human team still want them dead!

Edit - There is what looks like a damage token at the bottom of the image. The front of it matches one of the locations on Pegasus.

"We need to reduce the human population to a more manageable level. Say, about a thousand." Cavil, New Caprica Cylon meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Infiltration Loyalty Card says (guesses parenthetical)

You are Infil(trator)
You are treated (as human?) in all respects, except (for your win condition?)
- Draw 1 extra (Skill Card per turn?)
- You may play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Victory (Leadership Skill Card) says "Play after you...basestar...the Board...roll a die... gain 1 m..."

It appears to be a chance at gaining morale after knocking out a basestar!

It also says "Only 1 Major Victory may be played per (battle, basestar, turn...)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gardner
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
Bah da da da da da da... da da da da da da da... DAH dah DAH!
badge
Gabriel Knight. Check it out at GOG.Com
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this entire thread to be both awesome and infuriating at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agentzen wrote:
The Infiltration Loyalty Card says (guesses parenthetical)

You are Infil(trator)
You are treated (as human?) in all respects, except (for your win condition?)
- Draw 1 extra (Skill Card per turn?)
- You may play...

It may also be the opposite. It could be a human player that is treated as a cylon. The image shows Baltar with a bunch of cylons, so it could be a mechanic by which a human player could spend some time on the basestar i.e. cylon locations. We really have no idea what the new cylon locations ARE, and the new loyalty cards seem to change cylon rules around a lot anyway, so no idea how this could be beneficial.

The first word following "extra" seems to start with an I or an L so I'm going to guess that it says "Loyalty Card." If this is the case, then this interpretation makes more sense. There would be no reason for the player to draw more loyalty cards if he already were a cylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenth Cylon

010000110111100101101100011011110110111000100000010010000110111101101101011001010111011101101111011100100110110001100100
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jhagen1908 wrote:
Nice squinting. Here are my additions.

Helena Cain's once-per-turn action is: Intolerant - When an "Admiral's Quarters" skill check is passed with a 10 or more, you may choose to execute that character instead of sending him to the "Brig."

GRANT MERCY appears to be an alternate win condition. The first two words in bold are "YOU WIN."

The "Training" crisis card is called "Training Snafu."
I will choose Cain every game. Bwahahahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
It may also be the opposite. It could be a human player that is treated as a cylon. The image shows Baltar with a bunch of cylons, so it could be a mechanic by which a human player could spend some time on the basestar i.e. cylon locations. We really have no idea what the new cylon locations ARE, and the new loyalty cards seem to change cylon rules around a lot anyway, so no idea how this could be beneficial.

I bet you're right.

Most likely, you draw another loyalty card so that this one doesn't tend to take up loyalty card space / prove your humanity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Probably an obvious information, but the red lines around Caprica Six character card are flashing red, as opposed to Cain's (and all the other "human" characters from the base game). This means that Caprica Six is a Cylon leader like Cavil, if I'm not mistaken.

Told you I was going to state the obvious... ^^

About the "grant mercy" stuff, I guess the Cylon leader will have to help the humans win but there are no more than 2 population left at the end. I suppose this means that when you start the game, you draw this card which remains hidden. I suppose your victory conditions may vary which means that the Cylon leader will have to look like he's helping the humans while what he really wants is to see them being destroyed. For instance, by saying that he has a "grant mercy" card while his card really is a "exterminate all humans". ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LNAGary wrote:
Probably an obvious information, but the red lines around Caprica Six character card are flashing red, as opposed to Cain's (and all the other "human" characters from the base game). This means that Caprica Six is a Cylon leader like Cavil, if I'm not mistaken.

Spoiler tags would have been appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
I don't get it, in which way is this a spoiler? When I say "human" characters, I'm speaking about the ten characters in the original game who can either be cylon or human, while the Cylon leader characters from the expansion will be, well, Cylons.

If needed, I'll edit my post but for the moment I don't see in which way it is a spoiler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LNAGary wrote:
I don't get it, in which way is this a spoiler? When I say "human" characters, I'm speaking about the ten characters in the original game who can either be cylon or human, while the Cylon leader characters from the expansion will be, well, Cylons.

If needed, I'll edit my post but for the moment I don't see in which way it is a spoiler.

Sorry - just my attempt at dry humour.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/421390
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Ok, no problem then. You had me worried for a moment as I've been traumatized by some spoilers and been careful ever since. ^^

This reminds me of a friend who was watching season 3 and in the middle started to watch the first episod of season 4 just to see... Before he had the time to get to the remote, he had learned who were four of the Final Five while he was yelling "Noooooooo!". Since that time, he is paranoid about spoilers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me a sec to realize "wait a minute, that's not serious... bad... pick on the poor new user."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Took me a sec to realize "wait a minute, that's not serious... bad... pick on the poor new user."

*cackle* devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Picking on the new user isn't a very nice thing to do...cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else see the thread title ... "available to perv"... I'm thinking, great, more pictures of Boomer wearing next-to-nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Anyone else see the thread title ... "available to perv"... I'm thinking, great, more pictures of Boomer wearing next-to-nothing.

LOL! In my gaming group we use the term "perv" to mean to look at something secretly. Obviously when playing BSG, there's a lot of perving going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Anybody managed to decipher the name of Caprica's first ability? Come on guys, use your eyes!goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
given the new preview, that infiltrator card looks more like what the leader does when they are walking around on galactica than a loyalty card since it has way too much game text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.