Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I noticed back in January (1/14/09) of this year that the order number of one of the game I sold in the BGG Marketplace was just over 50,000. Yesterday, I sold another game with an order number just above 60,000.

I would be very interested in the pace of sales since order #1, but 10,000 sales in less than 6-months seems to be a big accomplishment.

Congratulations to BGG and all the buyers and sellers who make the marketplace (IMHO) a great alternative to EBay when it comes to buying and selling games. I look forward to the upcoming improvements that should make it even better.

Update: Looks like you can find out the date and info of any sale that has taken place by using this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewdetai... and changing the number at the end to the order you want to see. Looks like Aldie bought the 1st game (starting with order #1000) back in 11/19/2002.

Here is a graph I put together with some of the sales data:

and here is a chart showing the # of days between each increment of 5,000 orders:

With all this data available, it would be great if a new feature in the marketplace would enable a person to click on a "prior sales" link and it list all of the specific sales of that particular game with a link to each order number for additional detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heckle Jekyll
United States
Knox
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is an average of about 55 games a day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Trumbull
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
idiot crow wrote:

Crud! I'm falling behind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Alan Stern wrote:
idiot crow wrote:

Crud! I'm falling behind!

And some orders are for multiple games so the average is even higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
BGG growth looks optimistic in these difficult times. Any investment opportunities here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Added another chart to the OP showing # of days between each 5,000 orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt horn
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Quote:
With all this data available, it would be great if a new feature in the marketplace would enable a person to click on a "prior sales" link and it list all of the specific sales of that particular game with a link to each order number for additional detail.

Here's an app that shows some of the historical data, by date. It doesn't have links to individual orders, but has most of the data you'd prolly be interested in.

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.html

Enjoy!

matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
spielboy wrote:
Here's an app that shows some of the historical data, by date.

http://www.spielboy.com/GeekPrices.html

Amazing!!!

spielboy wrote:
It doesn't have links to individual orders,

It does look like you have set it up to show some specific data on a mouseover of each sale. If you are able to add the order number, someone could just add it to end of this link to pull up the page. The Seller's Username may also be helpful.

Again, great app. Thanks a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.