Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy K
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I noticed that there are no step values on the counters for the German tanks and yet the Russian tanks have them. Could someone explain why this is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a guess since I don't have the game yet-- but are German tank counter single vehicles while Soviets represnt a group or platoon of tanks? I thought I read something like that, but couldn't find the reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mummykitty wrote:
Just a guess since I don't have the game yet-- but are German tank counter single vehicles while Soviets represnt a group or platoon of tanks? I thought I read something like that, but couldn't find the reference.

I believe that is precisely correct. The Germans ahve the tactical flexibility to assign individual tanks to op sheets and maneuver across the map individually while the Soviets are stuck operating on a platoon level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah ok, that occurred to me but I thought that would make them too powerful. For example, a 4-step T-34 tank has an Attack Rating of 3 and a 1-step Marder has an Attack Rating of 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sprue Rubbles wrote:
Ah ok, that occurred to me but I thought that would make them too powerful. For example, a 4-step T-34 tank has an Attack Rating of 3 and a 1-step Marder has an Attack Rating of 4.

The attack rating is per tank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
wargamer55 wrote:
The attack rating is per tank.

In other words, that 4-step T-34 counter has a firepower of 12 for Area Fire, and counts as four steps (with an Attack of 3) for Point Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy K
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That totally clears it up. Thanks much! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.