Subject: 18FL with my Dad rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Zamborsky
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
This was my first time playing an 18xx game. I've been dying to play one and one day my dad (You might know him as Zambo) asks to play 18FL with me and I said Ok! So we start out and he explains the rules which took only 30 minutes and we start playing.

So the first stock round I bought Seaboard and my dad bought Florida East Coast. My dad helped me throughout the game so I can figure out where to place track that would get me the most money! My dad told me that I can block his L&N train that he bought a couple of stock rounds after he bought Florida East Coast. So I block his train and next thing you know he can't go any further than Tallahassee.

So I was doing pretty good.I had on my Seaboard a 4 train and a 5 train and then my dad dumped L&N on to me. I was very upset because I told him i didn't need another train company. But I think that the L&N actually got me the win because I only won by $178. It's a great game and I enjoyed it! Thanks for playing with me dad!Dyellowtrain:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome.

Next time we play, though, I won't point out the best tracks for you to lay and how you can block me. Then we'll see who operates the best companies! cool

(For those interested, Max just turned 12 a few weeks ago. Besides playing all sorts of cool games with me, he also bakes a mean apple pie!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Heimburger
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zambo wrote:
he also bakes a mean apple pie!)

How mean? Does it try to bite you back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
juheimbu wrote:
Zambo wrote:
he also bakes a mean apple pie!)

How mean? Does it try to bite you back?

Only until you throw on a couple of scoops of vanilla. That smothers it and makes it safe to eat. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zambo wrote:
You're welcome.

Next time we play, though, I won't point out the best tracks for you to lay and how you can block me. Then we'll see who operates the best companies! cool

(For those interested, Max just turned 12 a few weeks ago. Besides playing all sorts of cool games with me, he also bakes a mean apple pie!)

Wow, a 12-year-old son that plays 18xx. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.