Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book states that there should never be more than 14 Zombies on the game board at once. So in the event that there are 14 Zombies on the board, a player's last Hero is just killed and about to be turned into a Zombie Hero, what would happen? If there are already 14 Zombies on the board, does the Hero simply die and not turn into a ZH? Or does the Zombie Player have the option to remove a Zombie from the board to make room for the ZH?

I think I've asked a similar question in the past, but in light of finding the verbiage "never more than 14 Zombies on the board" in the rulebook, I think the ruling I received last time was incorrect. I was advised last time that there would then be 15 Zombies on the board, and should a regular Zombie die, they would be removed from the Zombie Pool. Also if the ZH rounds things out to 14 Zombies, then any Zombie(/s) in the Pool would be removed from the Zombie Pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Welc
Poland
Wrocław (Vratislavia)
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Hero is a Hero miniature with a [Zombie Hero] token underneath. Not a Zombie miniature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
macike wrote:
Zombie Hero is a Hero miniature with a [Zombie Hero] token underneath. Not a Zombie miniature.

Well yeah, of course. That wasn't my question.

Zombie Heroes count toward the Zombie limit (14 in a regular game). I wanted to know if the Zombie Player with 14 Zombies already on the board can turn a Hero into a Zombie Hero (assuming it's the black zone, the player's last hero, etc.) and remove a regular Zombie to keep the 14 Zombie limit intact. Or do the Heroes he kills simply die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

You mean one Hero would have to die without killing a single Zombie in order to have 15 Zombies ? Wow zombie The Hero is now a Zombie Hero.
What a job for the remaining three Heroes !

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

You mean one Hero would have to die without killing a single Zombie in order to have 15 Zombies ? Wow zombie The Hero is now a Zombie Hero.
What a job for the remaining three Heroes !

Regards.

No not quite. They'd spawn a new Hero when one dies.

Think of it this way:

Players = 5
Zombies = 14
Heroes = Sally, Johnny, Becky, Jenny
Zombies bum rush Jenny and win all subsequent fights. Jenny would normally be a Zombie Hero as she is the player's last Hero. However, since we're already at the 14 Zombie cap limit, what would happen? Can the Zombie player remove a Zombie from the board to make room for Zombie-Jenny?

The rulebook said there should never be more than 14 Zombies on the board and I'm not talking about just miniatures, I'm talking about Zombies as a whole should never exceed 14.

So can the Zombie player exchange a regular Zombie to make room for ZH-Jenny, or is Jenny simply killed instead of zombi-fied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Aaaaaah !
Well, what I would do is count her as a half-zombie and get her on the board when the zombies spawn and kill her off quickly laugh

Seriously, I see what you mean. But I think that once one of your own has turned into a Zombie Hero then she cannot really be considered as a "real" zombie , at leat not one of the original fourteen. The way I interpret it is: she becomes the fifteenth ,but is covered already in the rules as Zombie Hero and that occurs during gameplay and cannot really be one of the fourteen you started off with.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd allow the hero zombie to stay, as well as the other 14 zombies. It doesn't feel right to take away a regular zombie or not let the hero zombie come into play. Hopefully, it will only be a temporary situation (at least for the Hero's sake).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Baumbach
United States
LaPorte
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook also indicates that a Zombie Hero counts toward determining how many zombies are on the board (pg. 19), but I think that is meant to reference the roll a player needs to spawn new zombies, not your total capacity for zombies.

I'd let there be more than 14 zombies if there are zombie heros in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

The 'no more than 14 Zombies' is in reference to having 14 Zombies in your Zombie Pool. Zombie Heroes and specialty Zombies (such as Grave Dead from the Growing Hunger expansion) do NOT count against this limit.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jchill7 wrote:

The 'no more than 14 Zombies' is in reference to having 14 Zombies in your Zombie Pool. Zombie Heroes and specialty Zombies (such as Grave Dead from the Growing Hunger expansion) do NOT count against this limit.

- Jason

So in my example, the Hero would turn into a Zombie Hero giving us a total of 14 regular Zombies on the board plus 1 ZH = 15 Zombies total.

Thanks Jason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Yep, that is the way I interpreted it, too.
The 15th=ZH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.