Subject: stats on the "2 dice King's aid" variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that are interested, the odds for Kings aid's troops during phase 8 (Winter battle) for the "roll 2 dice take the difference of the 2 #s rolled, and add one for the king's aid" is presented below...

Results are:
1 was rolled this many times +Percentage: 6 -- 16.6667%
2 was rolled this many times +Percentage: 10 -- 27.7778%
3 was rolled this many times +Percentage: 8 -- 22.2222%
4 was rolled this many times +Percentage: 6 -- 16.6667%
5 was rolled this many times +Percentage: 4 -- 11.1111%
6 was rolled this many times +Percentage: 2 -- 5.55556%

O
O O
O O O O
O O O O O
O O O O O O
1 2 3 4 5 6

EDIT: added a crude, ASCI graph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have people tried this variant without adding +1 to the difference of the 2 dice? My son complains that the normal d6 king's aid is too strong. We want to try this variant, but I was thinking of not adding 1.

Obviously, the possible king's aid would then be 0 - 5 soldiers, with odds favoring 0 - 3, especially 1 or 2. Would that be too harsh? Just curious what others have tried.

BTW, we're new to Kingsburg and don't yet have the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
Have people tried this variant without adding +1 to the difference of the 2 dice? My son complains that the normal d6 king's aid is too strong. We want to try this variant, but I was thinking of not adding 1.

Obviously, the possible king's aid would then be 0 - 5 soldiers, with odds favoring 0 - 3, especially 1 or 2. Would that be too harsh? Just curious what others have tried.

BTW, we're new to Kingsburg and don't yet have the expansion.
I'm slightly inclined to think so... the soldier tokens from the exp are: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4. Lower average overall, but here, at least you get to pick the token, so there's no guesswork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.