Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm playing this for the first time this week and am a little confused on one aspect.

If Dracula moves into a location containing a hunter, he must fight the hunter in his action phase.

But, what happens when a hunter moves into a location with Dracula? Does Dracula reveal himself as being there (turning the location card over) and fight during the hunters action phase? I could not find in the rules where is specifically mentions this, although it hints at it in a number of places.

If this is the case, if there are other encounters on that location is Dracula allowed to reveal those first (since he can choose the order of the encounters)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounter(s) first, Drac then, if turn hasn't ended for the Hunter(s). Page 14 should help with things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks. The rules still aren't very clear, but at least now I know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm a newbie too. Trying to playtest before introducing my friends to this.

How about this scenario?

Mina moves onto Dracula's city, revealing Dracula.
Mina fights minion and Mina flees after being severely weakened. So there is no fight with Dracula.

So what happens on Dracula's turn?

I assume he has the option to move out of Mina's city by performing standard Dracula movement.

However, does Dracula also have the option of staying in that city? And if he does, can he immediately start a fight with Mina or only on her turn?

Thanks. I'm looking forward to playing this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Brandyixie wrote:
I assume he has the option to move out of Mina's city by performing standard Dracula movement.

Dracula must make a move every turn, as per the standard rules. There is no special exemption just because somebody else happens to be in that city.

Brandyixie wrote:
However, does Dracula also have the option of staying in that city?

He has the option of playing Hide, Dark Call or Feed, as he always does unless he is at sea or those cards are already in his trail. Any of those will leave him in the same city. There are consequences to each of those three options.

Brandyixie wrote:
And if he does, can he immediately start a fight with Mina or only on her turn?

If Dracula is in the same city as one or more hunters after his move, he must attack, as per page 14 of the rulebook.

You seem to be trying to treat each possibility as a special case. It is best not to. Read the rules, and note any special cases that are mentioned there, but otherwise just follow the rules laid out there unless such cannot be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to beat this...

Just to be sure clearly, an opponent moves into Dracula's current location. During action phase, the encounter with a minion is handled and if Hunter loses, Dracula does not have to be revealed as being in that location, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the hunter enters the location, the location card is turned faceup, afaik along with a hide card if it was played here.

If this is Draculas current location (the leftmost from his view) how would you be able to "not reveal him as being in that location", what with it being blatantly obvious and revealed already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! Now that would be a good point indeed

It was probably a silly question. I'm reading the rules prior to our first play and was anticipating any questions that would arise. This one would obviously have played itself out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.