Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very much enjoying CC: E (so much so I just bought CC: M, especially for the Gordon Highlanders, don't fancy their set up however...).

Back on topic. I am trying to use Vassal to play solo, but struggling. I use Vassal for M44 and that is great. I followed Spoofer's excellent tutorials on CC:E Vassal; also great.

I hit a brick wall when trying to set up Fat Lipki to play solo. If I join as, say Germans, then I can't figure how to draw the Russian cards into their hand. In Spoofer's tutorials, both sides' hands already contain cards.

This is probably an obvious goof from me but all help would be appreciated.

If anyone fancies teaching an old dog new tricks (i.e. how to play CC:E via Vassal) then please do get in touch. UK time.

Regards,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
When launching the scenario and asked which side to play....did you select Solitaire? This is the very last choice (under Yugoslav).

Edit (additional info):

fentum wrote:
If I join as, say Germans, then I can't figure how to draw the Russian cards into their hand.

You can't. The module uses the selected sides to control what is hidden/visible to the respective players. The German player should not be able to see the Russian cards nor the hidden objectives.

To play solitaire - you need launch the scenario and join as solitaire as I mention above. Then you will be able to draw cards into both hands, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard,

That is great - thank you very much. As I wrote, a bit of a goof!

Reagrds,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCarron
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
If anyone fancies teaching an old dog new tricks (i.e. how to play CC:E via Vassal) then please do get in touch. UK time.

Regards,

Fentum

Fentum, keep an eye out for a guy that goes by the name Barry on the Vassal server. He's UK time, cheats plays a lot of CC:E , and has taught many players how to use the mod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tim. I will keep an eye out for that cheater player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to cheat when you play Tim - he's THAT good.

Scott - I'd be happy to help, it's just I'm due away on Holiday for two weeks this coming Monday (13th) and time will be very limited fro gaming between now and then. So, probably best to drop me a line after 27th if you haven't managed to hook up with someone else by then.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

as the cheater Barry is away on holiday my 'Breakout Normandy' game with him is going to grind to a halt.

I should have a bit of spare time therefore to have a Vassal CC game over the next couple of weeks.
Drop me a geekmail and we'll sort something out.

Regards,
Bish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks gents.

I would love a game of CC:E on Vassal. Just crawled through solo Fat Lipki and had a ball.

Family and work are always impinging on game time (tut tut, how DARE they!) but would be great to schedule a time slot.

I'll ping you soon to try to set something up. 8pm -midnight weekdays best for me. I turn into a pumpkin from 00:01

Regards,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.