Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn 7- Raid
Baratheon may raid

Correct: Support in King's Landing should be Raid +1

(to view larger image, view it in my gallery)

Allies Available
- Tyrell Military Support
- Frey Plots
- Arryn Lookout
- Mercenary Raiders

Stark

Claim: 5

Allies
Frey Leadership

House Cards
Robb Stark
Smalljon Umber
Eddard Stark
Jory Cassel
Maege Mormont
Catelyn Stark
Bran Stark

Greyjoy

Claim: 3

Allies
Frey Army
Arryn Political Support

House Cards
Balon Greyjoy
Dagmar Cleftjaw
Theon Greyjoy
Victarion Greyjoy
Andrik the Unsmiling
Aeron Damphair

Lannister

Claim: 3

Allies
Arryn Leadership
Arryn Lookout

House Cards
Ser Gregor Clegane
Joffrey Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Ser Ilyn Payne
Cersei Lannister
Tyrion Lannister

Baratheon

Claim: 4

Allies
Tyrell Supplies
Tyrell Leadership
Tyrell Army
Mercenary Raiders

House Cards
Stannis Baratheon
Renly Baratheon
Ser Axell Florent
Melisandre of Asshai
Devan Seaworth
Salladhar Saan
Ser Davos Seawort
h

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in moderating an online game of A Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords!

The good news is that I don't have any players yet. The first four to respond here get to play!

I ask that you read through the rules first though:

-You MUST own A Game of Thrones and the Storm of Swords expansion to participate. Clash of Kings is not necessary. I will refer to cards by their title only. If you do not have access to the cards to read their effects, you can't play.

-Please subscribe to the thread!

-You MUST be able to check in at least once a day, preferably more. If you must be absent for a couple of days, please let us know in advance. Hopefully, absences will not be excessive.

-I will be responsible for shuffling cards and receiving everyone's orders, so of course I will not be playing. The game will be handled on the forum. Orders will be geekmailed to me, and I will reveal them once all of them are in. During the action phase, you will publicly post your moves to the forum that way the game can keep moving without me. Of course, if a battle happens, card selections should be sent to me and I will resolve the battle once they are in.

-Private discussion about the game is not allowed. I realize some people may disagree with this, but it is my feeling that in a face to face game, anything you want to communicate should be heard by everyone, so we're doing the same here.

-Conditional Orders are encouraged. If you already know what you want to do with your order, but it isn't your turn yet, send a GeekMail to me. If your turn comes up and I get to it before you, I will post your move and keep the game moving. Please be specific with your COs! If for any reason the order is invalid, I will discard it and allow you to take your turn as normal.

-No rules from Clash of Kings are in effect. We are just playing base game + Storm of Swords. I don't even own Clash of Kings, so don't even try to convince me otherwise =)

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or GeekMail me. Remember though, I have only four open spots and this is first come first serve! If you are interested in playing, please reply to the thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you are willing to allow this to be a teaching game, I'd be in. I own all 3 sets of the game, read through the rules, but mlike many games, don't have the proper group or time to get it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That should work. It isn't too hard to catch on if you've read the rules, and this is a game that is a lot easier to moderate than Battlestar Galactica. There aren't so many "interrupt" type effects, and of the few there are (I can only think of some of ally cards) they are all publicly known so you don't have to give everyone a chance to interrupt. They've either got it or they don't!

In fact, with no hidden information, it would be possible to play AND moderate (I've done it before). It just requires the moderator to be honest and submit all of his moves to himself before he reads the moves that his opponents sent in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested as well. I've played the original game a couple of times, and ASOS once. I'm not terribly good at it, but it sure is fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be much interest. If you guys are okay with it, I can play as well as moderate. In order to avoid cheating, I will submit all of my orders/tactics in the planning phase before reading any orders that people have sent me. I will also pick my house card in battles before I read what my opponent sent in. Finally, Westeros and Ally card draws will be randomly determined at the time of the draw, rather than predetermined.

If you guys are okay with this and trust me not to cheat (and why would you play at all if you can't trust the moderator?), then I can play too and we'll only need one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony D.
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing like family, friends and games...and music and beer...and pizza and bean dip...and actually having time to play games...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that would be okay. I have a friend or two who might be interested. I'll shoot you a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Edland
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this game is still on (and hasn't started yet) I would be interested in joining. I own both Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings and was planning on picking up Storm of Swords anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long time. I only had two people respond. If you are interested and you guys don't mind me joining in as the 4th, I'd be happy to get it going.
Let me shoot the others some e-mails to see if they are still interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am still interested, have no problem with you playing, but will be leaving in about 10 minutes for GenCon. So I can start next week if you want to try to drum up some more interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Edland
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. We'll see if nr. 4 is still on as well then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazian Medaken
msg tools
I'd be willing to play if you lost your fourth, or help administer the game if you don't want a player collating the orders. Just to be clear, I'm not interested in taking Cameron's playing spot--I already participate in a couple play-by-post games with friends, and am mostly interested in watching the game progress and see what tactics other players employ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am back and still interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we can finally get moving. I'm going to edit the first two posts to show the up to date game status, so once you've seen that done we can get started. In the mean time, these are the players, and their randomly determined Houses:

coltsfan76 (Brian) will be playing Stark.
Fat Tony (Tony) will be playing Greyjoy.
Ambriel (Tor) will be playing Lannister.
Tazian (Tazian) will be playing Baratheon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Winter is coming! -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Main post is updated. I'm ready to receive orders and tactics for turn one. Just GeekMail them to me when you are ready. I'm going to send out a GeekMail to all the players to make sure that they check in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Edland
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dear fellow great houses of Westeros. Queen Cersei of House Lannister would like to assure you that Lannister forces will only remain in our great capital King's Landing until our dear young Joffrey has been crowned king and the other houses have recognized the legitimacy of his succession to the throne. Stannis dear, you really shouldn't wage war against the son of your own brother Robert (whom I loved dearly and still mourn greatly)

House Lannister would like to offer apologies to House Stark for any previous misunderstandings between our two great houses. I'm sure we can come to a satisfactory agreement concerning your Lord Eddard's lengthy visit with us.

House Lannister orders have been delivered. Looking foreward to see what the rest of you get up to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
First of all, I apologze for the hold up. I work in Construction and our project is a school that is opening in two weeks so this week has been rather stressful and all-consuming. My orders are now in.

Second, questions on the board and game play. Will there be a convenient spot tallying Claim on the graphic? What info do we have for what has been played? Do we need to track it ourselves or are discard piles going to be open information?

Finally, I humbly suggest we use the format we have used for the other FFG PBF games. All non-game text in italics. All game posts start with some identifying picture / graphic for your house. Any final game decsiions in bold. It has worked well in the past to help keep players straight from each other and be clear what might be a question and what is a final move.

With that, good luck to everyone! And I'll do my best to keep the game moving...

The Starks of Winterfell call to our long friendship with Robert Baratheon and look to respect the succession to his son, Lord Joffrey. However, we can not tolerate the capture of our father and Lord and look to negotiate his immediate release. Once our House's dignity has been restored, we can return to supporting peace in the land and lend our swords to all Houses who honor that.

Winter is coming! -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check under the image, Brian, you will see a list of House summaries in the post. It will display how much claim each house possesses, which Ally cards they are holding, and which House cards they have in hand. When a House card is discarded, it will be crossed out like this and when it is removed from the game due to execution, it will be removed from the list entirely.

All of this information wasn't on the PBEM image that I found, and I have no intention of adding it as it is already quite busy!

With that said, all of the orders are in. Check the main post and you will see that the orders and tactics cards are shown on the image. Before we resolve tactics cards, Lannister may use the Raven to change an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
OK. I didn't see that before. I don't get notices on post edits. So maybe it is best to just repost new updates as they come along?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazian Medaken
msg tools
Is there a reason my raid in Storms end isn't showing on the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will always make a new post when I make any edits to the first post, so that you get a subscription notification and you can read exactly what I changed, but the most detailed information will always be in the first post. You'll also find who's turn it is and what I'm waiting for in italics.

As for Baratheon's raid on Storm's End, it should be there. I definitely got it in your message, I just left it out of the image by mistake. I'll get another image update later today (probably after Lannister tells me whether he's using the Raven) and I will put the order on it. In the mean time, I'll edit the main post to indicate that the order is missing so nobody forgets that it's there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Edland
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

House Lannister passes on using the Messenger Raven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazian Medaken
msg tools

The Baratheons will reach out to the noble Tyrells, negotiating the use of Tyrell food supplies for this campaign.
Baratheon will pay 2 power for the Tyrell supplies ally card.

Lannister has no legal Manage Troops (immediate) moves, so Stark is up with his tactic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stark left COs.

Stark pays 2 power to take the Frey Army card, placing the neutral knight in The Twins.

Greyjoy's Control Westeros requires no immediate action so we are moving right along to the Raid Phase.

The only raid order belongs to Baratheon on Storm's End. What would you like to do with it?

Edit: NVM, you left me COs for that:

Raid: Trigger Mel, sending 1 footman to kingswood, the other with Mel to Dragonstone, claiming Storms End. Thus puts me from 2 to 1 power.

After the raid is March. Baratheon goes first again, and here it is.

March in DS: Trigger Stan, moving from 1 to 2 power. Send Stan and the footman to Crackclaw point, leaving Mel and the Knight in Dragonstone.

I'll clean it up in a bit and post a new image when I get home. I have to go pick up my brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.