BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Wolf of the Week #102 - bluelise! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wotw [+] [View All]
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's my honour to present to you our newest Wolf of the Week: bluelise!!

I'm sure everyone is dying to know more about her and ask a whole bunch of questions, so I'm no longer stalling.
Let's have a big applause for this wonderful WW player!

bluelise wrote:
Thanks, Khellendros!

I’m a bit of a talker, but I will try to keep this bio brief.

My name is Megan. I’m 29, turning 30 in December, and I’ve been married to a handsome, geeky guy for almost 5 years. I live in Southern California, but I grew up in Ohio and still miss the Midwest. In college I was an education major with a specialization in English. I taught high school for one year and then unable to find a teaching job for the next school year, started working a series of odd jobs until about a year ago when I decided that I want to find a job with more of a career feel to it, instead of a job to just pass the time. Of course, I made that decision just as the job market in the U.S. started to tank, so I’ve been looking for work ever since.

So, in the time when I’m not looking for work I read mostly fiction, sew, embroider, paper craft, play video games and board games. I’m currently taking a class to learn how to operate letterpresses and I’m excited about possibly turning that into a side business of some sort. I’m also a big fan of writing actual letters and sending them through the postal service to my friends.

I found my way here through my increased interest in board games. A friend of mine from Ohio recommended Shadows over Camelot, so I convinced my friends out here in California to try it. We then tried several other board games and have been playing games fairly regularly now. This all started about a year ago and I heard about boardgamegeek during that time. I checked out the site and saw that there was a section for Werewolf. I played Mafia a bunch in college and loved it and thought I would give werewolf a try here. I’ve been having a lot of fun and I really want to try out modding a game soon.

Two truths and a lie:
1. I once broke my ankle while hiking and was rescued via helicopter.
2. I eat grilled cheese sandwiches with grape jelly.
3. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 22.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- What's your favourite boardgame?

- What's your favourite videogame?

- What's your favourite book?

- What's your favourite movie?

- What was your favourite WW game?

- What alignment do you prefer to be?

- What's your favourite WW role? And your least favourite? Why?

- Do you prefer big or small games?

- What determines whether you join a game or not?

- What's so awesome about being a bovine?

#2: People eat a lot of weird stuff, and only recently did I see someone mention grape jelly and peanutbutter sandwiches, so I guess anything is possible.

#3: I know at least 5 people that were at least 27 before they got theirs, or still haven't got it! So 22 doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Process of elimination leaves me with #1 as the lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for picking me, Khellendros!

Khellendros wrote:
- What's your favourite boardgame?

At the moment I really like Arkham Horror, but that could just be because my game group doesn't play it very often. I also really, really like Dominion, Shadows over Camelot and Small World.

Quote:
- What's your favourite videogame?

Beyond Good & Evil. It was the first video game I played as an adult that delighted and entertained me the way video games did when I was a kid. I've played through the game 3-4 times now and I'm so excited for the upcoming sequel. I'm such an evangelist for this game. It takes maybe 10-13 hours to play through, so it doesn't take a big time commitment.

Quote:
- What's your favourite book?

The Great Gatsby. Other than the Bible, it's the book I've read the most.

Quote:
- What's your favourite movie?

Footloose, and I mean that in a totally unironic way. One quarter in college I referrenced Footloose in every single one of my final papers/projects. I got A's on all of them.

Quote:

Hm, either Riot's private chat game or the Pepsi vs. Coke game.

Quote:
- What alignment do you prefer to be?

Good. I'm just not very good at lying and persuading people. I think it's very exciting to be evil, but it's easier for me to do well as good.

Quote:
- What's your favourite WW role? And your least favourite? Why?

I like priest and mason. You get to be special without having all the pressure of being seer/sorc/wolf. My least favorite would probably be seer, since I've been one twice and not done very well either time.

Quote:
- Do you prefer big or small games?

Is medium a choice? If so, I'll choose medium. I like games withh 11-15 players the best. Smaller than that and it's over too quick, but larger than that games can drag on.

Quote:
- What determines whether you join a game or not?

Theme, if I think I understand the ruleset and fun roles/powers.

Quote:
- What's so awesome about being a bovine?

When I'm upset with people I can leave cowpies for them. Also, I learned that the word bleat only refers to the noises sheep make.

Quote:
#2: People eat a lot of weird stuff, and only recently did I see someone mention grape jelly and peanutbutter sandwiches, so I guess anything is possible.

#3: I know at least 5 people that were at least 27 before they got theirs, or still haven't got it! So 22 doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Process of elimination leaves me with #1 as the lie.

You'll have to wait until the end of the week to find out!

Edited to fix quote formatting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bluelise wrote:

Quote:

Hm, either Riot's private chat game or the Pepsi vs. Coke game.

I think he meant favorite game to *play* in. Pepsi vs. Coke shined when you read the chats afterward. We had everything in those chats. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Someone ran a Shadows over Camelot game a while back...it didn't go so well; King Arthur, the "seer", got Nked n1 for the wrong reasons. angry

Anyway, onto other things!

Why blue?

Why lise?

Why BGG other than "you had heard of it?"

How many fingers am I holding up?

If I count to three, which numbers did I use if I counted with a constant sequential common ratio and used 27 numbers? Decimal form, rounded to the nearest significant figure.

Do you have a headache yet?

Why teach?

What are you trying to do that is more career-like, even though the job market is refusing to let you?

If you had an apple for every time someone said the word Bludgeoning to your face, how many apples would you have?

If I took away X apples and gave back X-3 oranges, but 3/X of them were too ripe and you had to throw them away, how many more apples would it take to smash the oranges by merely piling them on top? I want an exact number, but rounded to the nearest whole apple, of course.

Hi!

Why do you love bunnies the most-est?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Bluelise!

I'm also going to go with number one and I really want number two to be true!

Does your name have anything to do with your favorite color?

What word would you use to describe werewolf?

Can you link Kevin Bacon to Leonardo DiCaprio?

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

What do you want to see more of in werewolf games?

Enjoy your week hun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The license is the most common/believable. 3 is the lie. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:

Why blue? Why lise?

This is a name I came up with in high school and it's a combination of one of my school colors with my favorite song at the time "A Letter to Elise" by the Cure.

Quote:
Why BGG other than "you had heard of it?"

Um, I'm not really sure how to answer this. I enjoy playing board games and BGG is a good place to read reviews and get information about games.

Quote:
How many fingers am I holding up?

None because you're typing.

Quote:
If I count to three, which numbers did I use if I counted with a constant sequential common ratio and used 27 numbers? Decimal form, rounded to the nearest significant figure.

I have no answer to this question.

Quote:
Do you have a headache yet?

No, I don't get headaches very frequently.

Quote:
Why teach?

I started as a public relations major, but decided I would rather be taking literature classes. I wanted to make sure I could get a job when I graduated, so I switched majors to education with a language arts specialization. Unfortunately, it turned out that it's very difficult to find a job as a high school language arts teacher in Ohio.

Quote:
What are you trying to do that is more career-like, even though the job market is refusing to let you?

I would like to use my skills and education to get a job as some sort of writer or editor. Lately I've been applying for jobs as a proofreader, copywriter, copy editor, etc. Basically, I would like to work in a professional atmosphere where there is opportunity for advancement.

Quote:
If you had an apple for every time someone said the word Bludgeoning to your face, how many apples would you have?

Less than a dozen, I'm sure.

Quote:
If I took away X apples and gave back X-3 oranges, but 3/X of them were too ripe and you had to throw them away, how many more apples would it take to smash the oranges by merely piling them on top? I want an exact number, but rounded to the nearest whole apple, of course.

During the year I taught I was good friends with the algebra teacher. I was in her classroom one day after school to talk to her and there were also some students there getting help. One student was doing a problem on the board and waiting for his math teacher to help him. Since she was working with another student I stepped up and helped him instead. He protested because I was his English teacher, thus I couldn't possibly know the algebra he was working on. However, I did in fact know what I was talking about that day. Today, though, I don't know the answer to your question.

Quote:
Hi!

Why do you love bunnies the most-est?

I wouldn't say that I love bunnies the most-est. devil I do like your questions, though. Thanks for asking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_SelenA_ wrote:
Congrats Bluelise!
Thank you!
Quote:
I'm also going to go with number one and I really want number two to be true!
I had a hard time coming up with ideas for my two truths and a lie. It's worth it to see people guessing, though.

Quote:
Does your name have anything to do with your favorite color?
Maybe. I like blue, but I also like green and I don't think I could choose between the two.

Quote:
What word would you use to describe werewolf?
I saw that someone else said intrigue. I think that's a good answer. For me, I would say that suspenseful is also a good description.

Quote:
I've been sitting here thinking and I don't think I can. My train of thought went something like this though: Leo was in Titanic with Billy Zane. Billy Zane was in the Phantom with Kristy Swanson. Kristy Swanson was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer with David Arquette. David Arquette was in Scream with, um, lots of people who I can't connect to Kevin Bacon.

Quote:
Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
For the most part, I really hate the whole princess thing. My dad still calls me princess and I hate it. I just think it encourages a way of thinking that is so detrimental to a woman's sense of self and it's a shame that we start that at such a young age. But, if I have to choose I guess I'll go with Sleeping Beauty, but mostly just because I really like Maleficent.

Quote:
What do you want to see more of in werewolf games?
I might be answering this in a strange way, but I would like to see more people eager to participate. It really bothers me when people ask for recaps or complain because a thread has gotten long. The best part of the game is the back-and-forth in the thread. Why would anyone discourage that?

Quote:
Enjoy your week hun!
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneaky evilish piece of chlorophyl
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congrats, blue!
Really glad to see you as WotW, I almost picked you when it was my week. Well, I had this 3 people shortlist in the end laugh

Favorite WW moments?

WW game you haven't played in but wish you had?

What theme would you really like to see in a WW game?

What role would you rather be:
- wolf or wolf cub?
- seer or sorcerer?
- bodyguard or witch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaves wrote:
Congrats, blue!
Really glad to see you as WotW, I almost picked you when it was my week. Well, I had this 3 people shortlist in the end laugh
Aw, thanks, Leaves!
Quote:
Favorite WW moments?
I'm not sure I have a standout moment yet, but I really like the ten minutes before lynch when you keep hitting refresh because who knows what's about to happen.
Quote:
WW game you haven't played in but wish you had?
I was looking around the other day and saw a game that looked like it had an ARG aspect to it, and that seemed really cool.
Quote:
What theme would you really like to see in a WW game?
There's a movie I love called The Impostors that stars Oliver Platt and Stanley Tucci. I think it would make a great ww game. In fact, now that I think about it I might mod a game based on this theme.
Quote:
What role would you rather be:
- wolf or wolf cub?
- seer or sorcerer?
- bodyguard or witch?
Am I supposed to pick one from each pair? If so, wolf, sorcerer and bodyguard. I think all three of those roles give you a sense of control, and that's a nice thing in an uncertain game like werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Congrats Bluelsie!

How tall are you?

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Have you ever traveled outside the US? Where? Where was your favorite? Where was your least favorite? Why?

Do you have any pets?

If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? (Pretend it could be domesticated if you want to choose a wild animal.)

What kind of video games do you like? Console vs. PC? Genre?

Least favorite board game? Why?

What's your favorite emoticon?

What's your favorite month?

What languages do you speak?

Favorite snack food?

Favorite breakfast food?

Favorite dinner?

If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

If/when technology gets to that point, would you rather live in an underwater city, a city in the clouds, a colony in outer space, or stay on terra firma?

What is your dream job?

What's keeping you from it?

What is your blood type?

Are you a wolf?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSparky wrote:
Congrats Bluelise!

How tall are you?
Thanks! I'm 5'6"

Quote:
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I don't think I'd want one. You have so much responsibility that comes along with something like that. Your life would change in so many unexpected ways. I'm just not sure it would be worth it.

Quote:
Have you ever traveled outside the US? Where? Where was your favorite? Where was your least favorite? Why?
I've been to a few different cities in Canada. So, choosing from those I'd say Niagara Falls was my least favorite. It's just so touristy. Toronto was probably my favorite because I like big cities.

Quote:
Do you have any pets?
No, our apartment complex doesn't allow them. If I could, I would have a god. My husband wants a cat, but we're both allergic to them.

Quote:
If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be? (Pretend it could be domesticated if you want to choose a wild animal.)
Either polar bears or pandas would be great. They're so big and seem so cuddly.

Quote:
What kind of video games do you like? Console vs. PC? Genre?
Hm, I like console and pc games. I don't like first-person shooters. I play mostly puzzle, rpg, and adventure games.

Quote:
Least favorite board game? Why?
Monopoly, because it takes forever.

Quote:
What's your favorite emoticon?
:shake: I like this one because it can help indicate sarcasm, which is sometimes difficult to convey online.

Quote:
What's your favorite month?
December. It includes my birthday, plus the birthdays of my mom and my best friends and ends with two big holidays.

Quote:
What languages do you speak?
English and a little bit of French.

Quote:
Favorite snack food?
I'm a sucker for sweets of pretty much any kind. I also love those lime-flavored tortilla chips.

Quote:
Favorite breakfast food?
French Toast

Quote:
Favorite dinner?
I like too many foods to be able to give a good answer to this. It's easier for me to say what I don't like. I don't eat beef, pork or shellfish. I also don't eat anything gamey, which to me includes duck, venison, quail, etc. Oh, and keep sushi away from me. Other than that, I like most things.

Quote:
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would like to live somewhere in the Midwest or East Coast that would be within driving distance of my parents and my in-laws.

Quote:
If/when technology gets to that point, would you rather live in an underwater city, a city in the clouds, a colony in outer space, or stay on terra firma?
I think I'd rather stay on terra firma, because this is where my friends and family are. I would certainly want to visit elsewhere, though.

Quote:
What is your dream job?
A writer of some sort, I think. I'm still not sure though.

Quote:
What's keeping you from it?
Fears of completely failing and all my friends and family knowing that I failed.

Quote:
What is your blood type?
I don't know. Is that a thing an adult should know about themselves?

Quote:
Are you a wolf?
Not at the moment.

Quote:
Enjoy your week!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats bluelise! kiss Your Coke/Pepsi chat was epic!

bluelise wrote:
Quote:
I've been sitting here thinking and I don't think I can. My train of thought went something like this though: Leo was in Titanic with Billy Zane. Billy Zane was in the Phantom with Kristy Swanson. Kristy Swanson was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer with David Arquette. David Arquette was in Scream with, um, lots of people who I can't connect to Kevin Bacon.

Nice links. Let me help you with the last step: Neve Campbell and Wild Things. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Congrats bluelise! kiss Your Coke/Pepsi chat was epic!

bluelise wrote:
Quote:

Nice links. Let me help you with the last step: Neve Campbell and Wild Things. kiss

Hooray, you saved my six degrees of Kevin Bacon! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, blue! Dissertating, can't ask questions now, I'll come back later. But I wanted to say congrats now. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Quote:
Do you have any pets?
bluelise wrote:
No, our apartment complex doesn't allow them. If I could, I would have a god. My husband wants a cat, but we're both allergic to them.

That would be quite the pet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Congratulations Blue!

What kinds of rare roles would you like to see more often in games?

Did you ever think you'd major in anything besides education/English at college?

On a scale of 1-10, how awesome is Beyond Good and Evil? (Hint: any answers lower than 8 are incorrect.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
Quote:
Do you have any pets?
bluelise wrote:

That would be quite the pet.

blush Uh, so I meant dog. It would be nice if I could find one that could point out typos in advance of me pressing the submit button. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Congratulations Blue!
Thank you!

Quote:
What kinds of rare roles would you like to see more often in games?
Hm, I'm not sure. Everyone always says mason, don't they? I guess I'll go with cultist.

Quote:
Did you ever think you'd major in anything besides education/English at college?
Well, I was a public relations major at first. Other than that, no, not really. I knew I loved reading and writing, but I wanted to do something I considered practical, so something like fiction writing would've been interesting to me, but not practical enough for me to major in it.

Quote:
On a scale of 1-10, how awesome is Beyond Good and Evil? (Hint: any answers lower than 8 are incorrect.)
10. I love that game. Have you seen the trailer and the supposed leaked footage for the sequel? I can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your favorite book of those you have read (for the first time) in the last 5 years?

Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done for a guy (ie to get a guy to notice you because you wanted him to ask you out, or done for a boyfriend)?

What type of Fiction do you prefer? (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Modern Mystery, Love Stories, Steam Punk, etc) and why...

If you could listen to tapes for a week while you slept and learn a new language, which would you choose and why?

Favorite TV Show?

What do your friends tease you about the most?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melriken wrote:
What is your favorite book of those you have read (for the first time) in the last 5 years?
You know this answer to this, but it's The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's the best piece of fantasy I've ever read, and definitely near the top of my favorite books list.

Quote:
Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done for a guy (ie to get a guy to notice you because you wanted him to ask you out, or done for a boyfriend)?
Oh goodness, I really don't know. There was a guy I had a crush on for about 7 years who I talked to every day and basically planned my life around. That was pretty stupid.

Quote:
What type of fiction do you prefer? (Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Modern Mystery, Love Stories, Steam Punk, etc) and why...
I would say I prefer literary fiction for the simple fact that it is what I was educated in and feel most comfortable with. Other than that, I tend toward historical fiction, fantasy, and I dabble a little in sci-fi.

Quote:
If you could listen to tapes for a week while you slept and learn a new language, which would you choose and why?
Spanish. Here in Southern California I hear it spoken so often and I would like to be able to communicate with more of the people I come into contact with around here.

Quote:
Favorite TV Show?
Of all time? The West Wing. In my opinion, it is absolutely the best television show ever to air in America. I'm also a fan of Survivor, Lost, Sports Night, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars, Studio 60 and Firefly.

Quote:
What do your friends tease you about the most?
You are one of my friends and you're only asking me this question so that you can get others here to tease me about the things you tease me about offline. I'm not so gullible, Melriken!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rawr! congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
bump

Wightwolf wrote:
rawr! congrats!

Thank you both!

Edited because seriously, that emoticon box gets me every time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.