Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone has done a print and play version of this game? From what I remember from when I owned the game (sold it instead of just letting it gather dust, both the original and 25th anniv. ed) there's not a whole lot other than map, cards, counters, and rulebook.

If it is reprinted I'd probably buy a copy to add to my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. McCrackan
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The forthcoming sixth edition may indeed be distributed via downloaded PDFs. Although Glenn is in talks with gaming publishers, I edited the rulebook under the assumption that DR6 would be sold as a kit. Who knows--maybe we'll do both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd be happy with a kit version; even paying a reasonable price for the downloads would be fair.

I have access to a color laser at work and have put together a few games so it would be a nice project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Parsonage
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
AH, at last. I loved this game as a teenager. It would be great to get a copy either as a download or in a box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ibis grunk
msg tools
we still play this game (did last weekend). of course we have added hundreds of additions. we have done our own maps, alternate countries, additional items (temple of the kings) and expanded this game tremendously. it was in our nature: the three of us brothers growing up played a lot of board games (AH's Advanced Civil, AD&D, all the way to Gamma World and the like!) couldn't help but assimilate all our favorite aspects into games such as Divine Right. it is still one of the best game systems ever created.

But we always tweaked.

There must be hundreds of customer unit counters that we put on water colored hex maps, all custom. all in the age before computers made this stuff almost too easy.

Imagine the AD&D treasure list customized for the Temple of Kings... instead of the 1d6 we turned that puppy into Percentile Dice and had the 01-00.

custom special merc units as well!

we did our own Player Tally sheet that would track all sorts of information (diplomacy banishments, sacrifices, etc.) aka Ready Ref Sheets.

i would pay (or paypal voluntary contribute) on any aspect of this game all the way to full retail. i cannot stress enough how much this game has been a part of our enjoyment over the years.

i still curse the Leader Fate Die Roll, we use these terms in our daily lexicon and language causing folks around us to wonder wtf we are talking about.

-- DR fan for life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.