Deadlands: Doomtown» Forums » General

Subject: I'm just starting. Does anyone still play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morton Holiday
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi guys and gals. I am interested in playing doomtown, but am sad to see that it is defunct cry I am willing to get into it and buy some cards, but I was wondering if anyone still plays? Are there any organized gaming groups, or even just casual groups of people who get together to play anymore? I live in Orange County, California, so it would be cool to know if anyone in that area (LA, OS, SD, IE) still gets together to play. Let me know, because that is the number 1 factor in me getting into doomtown. I posted a similar post in the gamemeister board just to cover my bases. Also, are there any other good doomtown resources on the internet? Just want to meet more people who are into doomtown. Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well, if you lived in Milwaukee, you'd have players. As it is, Doomtown people are a rare breed... too bad really. I reckon it's just about the best game this side 'o the Maze.

And these days... this is your best resource. Check the strategy articles I wrote here for starters. Feel free to ask questions as you need to. And good luck, pardner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morton Holiday
United States
California
flag msg tools
Well I appreciate your help. Thanks. I read on the wikipedia page for doomtown that the AEG president still promises to bring it back. Is there any word on that these days, or is it all hot air?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In my opinion, hot air.

I believe that AEG dearly loves Doomtown. As such, they will not let anyone else develop it. But at the same time, they cannot figure out how to make money from it or at least, in my opinion, they will not put an attempt to make money from it ahead of other intellectual properties they own.

We will never see a revival of Doomtown, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if this: Deadlands: The Battle for Slaughter Gulch proves a roaring success. The designers were great Doomtown players, Kerry is the character "Killer Kerry" as her reward for winning the world championships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well a group still plays in my neck of the woods (Alberta). After a decade we spice up our games with a few cards of our own design. Makes a good break from MtG. I'm fortunate to have 4 complete sets of every Deadlands: Doomtown card including promos. Plus 1,000's of the more common cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kensheffield wrote:
Maybe if this: Deadlands: The Battle for Slaughter Gulch proves a roaring success. The designers were great Doomtown players, Kerry is the character "Killer Kerry" as her reward for winning the world championships.

It sounds more like Deadlands: The Great Rail Wars in a new and simple form than any connection the the ccg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply a direct connection. I was just saying that if it was successful, it might get folks to thinking that Doomtown could be revived. Wishful thinking, I know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Encrypted Toast
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
cosine wrote:
Well, if you lived in Milwaukee, you'd have players. As it is, Doomtown people are a rare breed... too bad really. I reckon it's just about the best game this side 'o the Maze.

And these days... this is your best resource. Check the strategy articles I wrote here for starters. Feel free to ask questions as you need to. And good luck, pardner.

I realize this is an old post, but you said Milwaukee? I am in Waukesha, just curious if there is some underground group of people still playing somewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Waddel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone in Washington State still play? I have some cards and would be willing to play with anyone. Send me a PM if you get this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.