Hide
5 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Competing Mining Conglomerate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pussy Katz
msg tools
If two players both have MC, and they both produced the highest number of brown goods during V with other players producing strictly less, do neither get the +2 cards bonus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Neuhaus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they both canceled each other out, neither produced more than every other player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pussy Katz
msg tools
Yep, that's what the words say. I'm just wondering if there are further clarification/correction to it.

For example, the way I understood it, the wording on Diversified Economy can be improved (e.g. it's better to word it "for each kind of good you produced SO FAR this phase", in case you want to invoke it early to pay for Damaged Alien Factory, whose good no longer qualify for DivEc since that power would've been already invoked).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone else produced the same number of brown goods as you, you can't invoke Mining Conglomerates produce power. It doesn't matter whether they also have one or not. You can't do it unless you are single-handedly produced the most brown goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pussy Katz
msg tools
Yeah, I was hoping for something like the "most" goals, i.e. when two players are competing for it and neither gets it definitively, they both still get 3VP goal chips at the end, just not the full 5.

I was hoping that perhaps if two MineCongs are tied and everybody else produced strictly less that maybe they each get only 1 card or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.