Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Need LA area wargamers for oral history interviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandra Carter
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello! My name is Alexandra Carter, and I am a graduate student in the History Department at UCLA. I am conducting an oral history project to examine the ways in which gamers (miniature/board gamers) think about history.

Do you play miniature wargames? Do you play war board games? If you play on a (fairly) regular basis, I would love a chance to interview you. Interviews will be about 1-1.5 hours long, and will consist of questions about your board/miniature wargaming experience. If you participate in other aspects of gaming (video games, conferences, conventions, design, research), that's definitely a bonus!

I need to conduct these interviews as soon as possible, so the sooner you can get back to me, the better! Please email me (at alexcart@gmail.com) with your name, contact info, and a little bit about yourself and your gaming experience.

Thanks!

Alexandra

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexandra,

I'll send you a note. Although not a wargamer myself, you can find many of them at events I can direct you to - especially Strategicon (more at www.strategicon.net). There are also lots of locals that can be found through www.socalgamers.info and, if you are so inclined, you might find some tomorrow at SoCalGamesday (www.socalgamesday.com).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.