1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: 42--Questions Questions Questions. Sign up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What is the meaning to life? What are the answers to all my questions? Who knows? The Mod Knows!

The Questioners: Team Good

(Hunter)- There once was a philosopher named Sun Tzu. This was one bad ass philosopher specializing in War, his legacy being "The Art of War". Parity Defying Hunter. Due to his focus on war tactics, he does not ask the big questions about life, the universe and everything.

(2 Masons)- Franky and Benjy Mouse. They were the guardians of the human who stayed longest on the Earth before it was destroyed. They are caught up in the monetary possibilities of finding the Ultimate Question. Too caught up in earning money and staying rich to find the real answers, they just go for what *sounds* good. Gets the corrected vote tallies.

(Power Villager)- Too caught up in his own power to ask the questions about life, the universe, and everything. His vote counts for two, but he doesn't know it. He thinks he's just a villager. He can ask his question but the answer will just be whatever the Mod thinks he wants to hear, not the truth.

(Tough Villager)- Too tough to ask those questions about life, the universe, and everything. Does not realize he's such a toughie, he think he's just naturally gifted like that. The answer to his question will be whatever seems to be most favorable to him.

(Villagers--4)- True philosophers, they may ask ONE question in mod chat and it shall be answered to the best of the Mod's ability.

(Drugged up Villager)-There will be someone who just became a philosopher to get the chicks and drugs. He's crazy about that LSD! His answer will be wacko, insane, and completely wrong. Not self aware. He thinks he's a real philosopher, the git.

The Realists-- Team Evil
They don't care about all this philosophic crap. They just want to get on with life.

(3 Wolves, one tough, one brutal, one power wolf) It's time to shut these annoying little whiners up. Let's break some heads! They have various powers, however, they never bothered to ask about their powers, so they don't know which one they have.

(One Villager Seer) This guy is a psychiatrist. These philosophers are narrowing in on his field of work, and he won't stand for it! He views for the people who think they are philosophers, positive hit on any "Villager", they can even tell which philosophy they follow, power, toughness, drugs, truth, or not a philosopher on any wolf/hunter/mason. Gets the corrected vote tallies.

Recap- One hunter, 2 masons, 4 "villagers", one power villager, one tough villager, one wrong view villager, all villagers are not self aware. 3 wolves, with unknown attributes, one evil role seer, essentially

There may be some secret things going on, such as items

On death, nothing besides Philosopher is revealed for villagers, everything else is full role reveal.

Lynch will be around 5, quite negotiable, dawn a little while after that, it doesn't really matter to me, we'll talk.

Any comments on extra flavor names would be good, then I can start cranking out some pics.

Meta Philosophies-

In addition to your role, you will also have a Philosophy that you specialize in. You *must* act like the person you choose as a philosophy. If you do not to the satisfaction of the Mod act like the player you take, your vote shall be halved.

Philosophies: These shall be private. Once 6+ people sign up, I will start asking people to geekmail me which philosophy they want. One will be randomly chosen if the game starts before they choose. (These are not chosen out of favoritism, just that they tend to have the strongest personalities)
Snaak
Kaldar
Disp
Pooly
Xand
Jmilum
Gregarius
Karmic_Devil
David
Greek2me
Kima
Woodjh
Kuchick
Redhawke
Agnespoodle
JCwid
Arkibet
Luckayluck
Zaloth

There will be one person that your philosophy just LOVE to meta vote. If you vote on the person with that philosophy, your vote counts as 1.5 times what you would have. (1.5 if normal, 3 if power, .75 if halved)

Lynch time:
4:00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
You shoudl name the roles after players in the games. Then we can have fun conversations like this:

"I think Snaak has to be Kaldar. He's acting very suspicious."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Dekal
Dispaminite
jageroxorz
kuchick

4 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4221...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
You shoudl name the roles after players in the games. Then we can have fun conversations like this:

I'll add something like that, but not role names. Maybe more vote manipulation. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

I'll add something like that, but not role names. Maybe more vote manipulation. devil

No no no no. Role names. If you don't do it, I'm going to have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Clarification: Everyone will have a secret Meta Philosophy and a secret Role. They will know their philosophy as well as the philosophy they have a bonus voting against, but it will be part of the game for the village to try to figure out who's who based on their actions.

The Villager Questions can be anything, no limits, even, "Is Dispaminite a Wolf?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

No no no no. Role names. If you don't do it, I'm going to have to.

Doesn't fit with my game scheme. Plus, then I'd have to take Bengy's name away. No one wants that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Disp, what do you think about the actual role set though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:

Role set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Kaldar wrote:
Clarification: Everyone will have a secret Meta Philosophy and a secret Role. They will know their philosophy as well as the philosophy they have a bonus voting against, but it will be part of the game for the village to try to figure out who's who based on their actions.

The Villager Questions can be anything, no limits, even, "Is Dispaminite a Wolf?"

"Who are the wolves?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

Role set?

The actual roles. Interesting, random, icky, fun, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

"Who are the wolves?"

This game is based on 42 being the answer to life, the Universe, and Everything. Try to get the perfect answer, and I'll give you an answer to make you realize you don't know what the question is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

Role set?

The actual roles. Interesting, random, icky, fun, etc.

I suppose it's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Essentially, if you break the game too much, I reserve the right to be as vague as possible in my answers.

"Who are the wolves?"
There are no wolves, merely philosophers and those who would choose to disbelieve

"Who are the realists?"
The realists are those that fail to trust in philosophy and the higher questions, relying on their own murderous hands.

"Is there a realist/wolf/evil in Snaak and Dispaminite?"
Yes.

"Was there any evil that had more than 2 votes in the public tally?
Yes (or no, depending on truth)

"Is Dispaminite Evil?"
Yes.

I will most likely honor any creative question, but I will most likely not honor any blunt, "I'm trying to break the game" question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldar wrote:
"Who are the wolves?"
There are no wolves, merely philosophers and those who would choose to disbelieve
"Who are the wolves?"
"The players who represent the evil side, and who win by reaching parity with the village."

"What is the name of one of the wolves?"
"Power wolf"

"What is the name of a player who has the 'wolf' role?"
"Kimapesan."
"But he's not even in this game!"
"Sorry, only one question to a customer."

"What is the name of the player in this game who has the role of 'power wolf'?"
"42."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Kaldar wrote:
There will be one person that your philosophy just LOVE to meta vote. If you vote on the person with that philosophy, your vote counts as 1.5 times what you would have. (1.5 if normal, 3 if power, .75 if halved)

Isn't that kinda rough on the player who gets assigned to be 'Kaldar'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ƒireƒly
United States
Millbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

Isn't that kinda rough on the player who gets assigned to be 'Kaldar'?

imagine the player that chooses me to play as ... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Poolyxpop wrote:

Statsig nailed you in CvE. XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Poolyxpop wrote:

Statsig nailed you in CvE. XD

o_o I did? xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this isn't talk of an ongoing game!! wow wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
xandryyte wrote:
I hope this isn't talk of an ongoing game!! wow wow

I bet xand chose her philosophy to match 'xandryyte'!

(The post Stat made in CvE was a public jest unrelated to the game itself. kiss )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay so 6 people have posted and none have signed up.

Does that seem right to you? angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stupid lurkers, they're sitting there...taunting me with their lack of signing up. I SEE YOUR THUMBS!

Bump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We already know all the answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
pfft

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.