Bitter Woods (fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bridge Blowing[?] ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackiw
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Can appropriate units blow occupied bridges regardless of their compass-location to the enemy unit, as long as the enemy unit is within one hex of the bridge-hexside hex of the occupying unit that is intending to blow that bridge-hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nowen Brian Fernandez
Canada
flag msg tools
(Don't own the game but...)
There's like more than a dozen of these rules questions by WarBoy...
anyone willing to help the guy out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
The guy is obviously trying to jerk us off by flooding the board with nonsense questions. A poor chance in hell that any of his questions ever even came up during play, assuming he has even played the game at all. Way too much time on your hands, Dude, get a life.thumbsdown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this guy needs to tone down the meds...

But seriously, most (if not all) of these questions he has posted are in the rules if he would bother to read them again... slowly. It has been awhile since I played BW, otherwise, I would be happy to point him back to all the specific case numbers. Maybe he can find someone nearby who has played wargames before, who can explain the differences in approaching a game like this as opposed to something of the Euro persuasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bridge Blowing[?] ...Clarification
What WarBoy means is better explained by an example. If an Allied unit was on hex 2433 (Martelange) and a German on 2434, can the Allied unit blow the only bridge hex on the Sure river? That is, is the German unit considered one hex from the bridge hexside or three hexes? I can attach a picture if you still require clarification.

I have played with WarBoy just three and a half Bitter Woods games and we have encountered scores of anomalies with your rules. And we are not new gamers, we have owned and played over twenty mostly Avalon Hill hex-and-counter based games over the years including (the original) Battle of the Bulge, Luftwaffe and Squad Leader. I don’t ever recall encountering so many issues in the rules in any of these games we have played as we have with your Bitter Woods.

And you may have an advantage of an iniutitive clarity of the rules since you are the designer, but I would not assume that with other players new to your game.

Not a good way to keep people in this hobby by accusing your customers are "trying to jerk you off" and telling them to "get a life", Mr. Heller.

I’m going to have to reconsider my purchase of your expansion module or Russia Besieged for that matter.
yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, right...more issues than the original 1965 Battle of the Bulge, which had more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese.

Perhaps English is a second language for you? If so, I can sympathize. Otherwise, better to move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Symoens
Belgium
Grimbergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One fool may ask more than seven wise men can answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Seadale
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
War boy is an $#@&%*&#@
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Witkowski
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes as long as they are within 1(one) hex of the bridge.

ed w

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.