Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple of packs (Orcs and Undead) but haven't found time to play it yet, although I've read the rules.

Anyone played it yet?

I like the idea of simpler rules and not having to use dry-wipe pens on the cards themselves. That should mean it's a quicker games than Fantasy Battlegrounds, or am I wrong?

Cheers

Col

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff DeLeRee
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game a half-dozen times or so. Its pretty basic, but can get complicated if you play with a rules lawyer. The rules are a little unclear on certain actions, but finding simple solutions is, well, simple. You could always check out their official website. The forums there have a bunch of questions and tons of answers. I think some people try to make the game harder than it really is. Enjoy it when you can, I like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff. Cheers. Will give it a play tonight (solo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi jeff

Now played it a couple of times. I actually prefer it to Battleground Fantasy because it's simpler and allows you to concentrate on tactics, not rules. You also don't need to write all over the cards.

My only isdsue is that magic is too strong, and I restrict the drawing of two magic cards each turn for the wizard. Each player gets to choose a number of spell and commandcards for the battle and can then purchase new ones only at some quite high cost.

Otherwise I found that tactics count for nothing if you keep being blasted with lightning bolts!

I too like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.