Hide
5 Posts

Steam» Forums » Variants

Subject: The ruhr scenario with six players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Grumphy
msg tools
I am going to play the ruhr scenario on friday with 6 players.
The Ruhr scenario is initially made for 5 players so to avoid shortage i made up some extra rules:

- Bring in the black cubes:
Mix the black cubes with the colored ones in the cube pocket.In the initial setup add one extra cube to each colored city and the goods in the goods displays.

- The black cubes can only be moved to a city of the SAME color

Has anybody tried this yet or has some other suggestions to tweak the scenario to play with 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant is an interesting one; I would be interested in trying it. I'm not so sure it would be necessary to introduce this variant for six players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
I wonder whether you should play 7 turns, or just 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, did anyone actually play this map with 6 players and wants to share his/her experience?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brauerle wrote:
So, did anyone actually play this map with 6 players and wants to share his/her experience?

Thanks in advance.

It's very easy for one player to be choked out of competition if this map is played with six. I'm not sure if the suggested variant will change things in that respect; the problem is geographical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.