Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Storage Solutions (Europe) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Valdes-Lora
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
I have seen the various threads (and pictures) related to the use of Plano bins for storing the units. I am familiar with Plano from when I lived in the States but I have not run across them where I now live (Athens, Greece). What do other CCA gamers in Europe use that may be similar to Plano? (or other storage solutions entirely)

Many thanks.

Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies.

I use baggies and bag most of the units seperately. There are some I bag together like this:

1 Bag: Leaders, War Machines, Elephants, Chariots(Easy to sort)
1 Bag: Cavalry (Easy to sort)
1 Bag: Heavy & Medium Infantry (Easy to sort)

Then all the other units I bag seperately.

Everything fits in the original boxes but I re-sorted a couple of them. Both Roman armies are in the same box, Carthage & Barbarians are in the Barbarians box. The rules, maps, etc are in the Base Game Box.

Works pretty well, maybe not as compact as some systems, but looks good on my game shelf and those sturdy boxes have not gone to waste.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Valdes-Lora
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Thx Brent. Have you had any issues with the unit stickers sticking to the sides of the baggies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I bag my blocks and have never had any issues with the stickers - all mine were applied with tweezers to ensure there are no unfortunate overlaps.

www.captainbags.com sells 100 4.5" x 3.5" bags for £1.98, with minimal shipping costs - even to Europe. I use the bags for a heap of other games as well as C&C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.