Subject: Need help finding the rules for Can't Stop. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Ward
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
I pulled my copy out of the attic and there are no rules. I last played it over 25 years ago and can't remember how. I did look on BGG and googled, but came up empty. Can someone post a link to the rules for me? Thanks so much!

I did not know the correct place to post this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an online game playing website called BrettSpielWelt that has this game. You can find the rules here:
http://www.brettspielwelt.de/Hilfe/Anleitungen/CantStop/
The rules listed may reference the online game, but the basic game rules should be there as well. You can also play online for free there.

edit:
Also you can find a pdf of the rules on here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/2875
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Ward
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No prob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sikes
United States
Easley
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks--got a 1980 version at Goodwill and had all components except the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McAnney
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks for posting a PDF to the rules.

However, could you possibly help me to interpret them?

I have also played this game, but only on one
occasion. I am also having a hard time
remembering the rules. Explained "In person" they
were extremely simple and clear. On paper, I'm
finding them very confusing. The problem I'm having
with this pdf version of the rules is the use of the terms "Markers" and "Colored Squares".

What I remember is that there were colored squares that could
stack and occupy the same space, and a few pyramid-shaped "toppers" of a neutral color.
I suppose this is what the author means by the "marker". What is NOT clear to me is movement of this "marker" or what I prefer to call a "topper".

What I remember is that it sits on top under special circumstances, to somehow "lock" something.

My ambition is to create a home-made board, but to proceed
I will need a better understanding of the exact mechanics of the game. I dislike the DIY sets I've seen so far, because they lack the recessed squares, and often lack stacking capability. My thought was to drill uniform circular holes in a sheet of thin wood for the columns, and mount it on another sheet underneath. This creates the board, with recessions. Next, I'd take fairly-thick disks of wood of a diameter to fit in those holes, and drill a hole in the middle of each one. Insert a small dowel in the hole, then glue in place.
Finally, use colored rings that will slide onto the dowels.

This permits the "stackable" feature.....honestly, I'm just brainstorming. Until I really have a grip on the rules, these physical-world mechanics are moot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.