Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Zuccotti
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello RAF community,

Just back from 2 weeks on a sailing boat where my constant companion was RAF. It's a wonderful way to spend a day stuck in harbor, almost prefered playing to the sailing!

In any event two questions came up when I was on the trip and I hoped you folks could help clarifiy if I was playing correctly. The first I swear has been answered before, but I can’t find it in the forums here so please forgive if it’s a re-ask.

1. In RAF Lion if there are no Gruppen in the hunt box what occurs? I have simply moved my squadrons into the bomb box (with the option to send some to in-flight if I want), drawn a card for the approach event, and gone on through the rest of the combat sequence. My questions is should I be drawing that approach event card? I’m pretty sure yes but I can’t find a clear answer in text. Logically it seems I should draw it because some approach events do not pertain to this particular hunt round.

2. In RAF lion page 9 section 6.2 it reads
Quote:
If you have just resolved a raid in which the time advance after the raid indicated a Follow-up Raid, do not draw a target card for the next raid. Instead, conduct another raid using the same Target Card and of the same raid type (minor or major). Do not roll on the Raid Effort Table; proceed directly to Raid detection.
This confuses me as I’m not sure what the "Raid Effort Table" is. My best guess is it is the table that assigns if the German attack is major or minor. However this makes little sense as the text in the manual states you should simply use the same type (so if first was major follow up is major and vice versa).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Thomas -- Sounds like RAF earned its sea legs!

1) Yes the Approach Event Card is drawn, even if there was no action in the Hunt Box.

2) Raid Effort Table should read Raid Priority Table. The last sentence of the rule you cite is simply saying that since you already know the Follow-Up Raid is Major or minor, do not roll on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Zuccotti
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
Thank you much John. Yes Raf was a savior, a perfect pace to spend a lazy afternoon evening in a harbor. Cheers to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.