Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Schleicher
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently had an accident with one of my Moat cards from Dominion. While the damage isn't that bad, the card isn't completely flat. I tried to flatten it by placing it in a tight box between other Dominion cards, and while I feel it has helped, there are still some ridges and bending.

I don't want to go to Rio Grande to ask for a replacement for a single card as it isn't that big of a deal, but I would like the card flatter if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I would say get it really warm, like sit it in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours - then quickly (before it cools down) place it between 2 heavy books while it cools down indoors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I would say get it really warm, like sit it in direct sunlight for 2-3 hours - then quickly (before it cools down) place it between 2 heavy books while it cools down indoors.

That could be dangerous. I use the sun to intentionally and permanently alter cards for performance purposes. (I perform magic, and use cards extensively.) It might work, but local climate can make a difference, so I'd play around with the idea, using old, expendable cards first.

Just pressing the card within the pages of a heavy book might work, using extra books stacked on top to give it a bit more weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
Quote:

That could be dangerous. I use the sun to intentionally and permanently alter cards for performance purposes. (I perform magic, and use cards extensively.) It might work, but local climate can make a difference, so I'd play around with the idea, using old, expendable cards first.

Just pressing the card within the pages of a heavy book might work, using extra books stacked on top to give it a bit more weight.

Ok let me rephase due to potential fading of the card. On a hot humid day put the card in your car for a few hours, not in direct sun light, and then put between a couple of heavy books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeve all the cards with a sleeve that has a black or colored backing. That will solve the problem and prevent future bends or wear on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Schleicher
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they make them for Euro cards like the ones at Mayday? I haven't seen any, but that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Put it underneath a piece of fabric and iron it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
What you need to do is make a deck of cards but put them together front/back/fron/back for the whole deck. Box them and then put them in the freezer overnight. I do this for regular playing cards when they get warped from being in my car in the heat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:
What you need to do is make a deck of cards but put them together front/back/fron/back for the whole deck. Box them and then put them in the freezer overnight. I do this for regular playing cards when they get warped from being in my car in the heat.

How long does it take to defrost them in the microwave?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, lots of suggestions, it might be easier to wrinkle every other card in your game and then it won't be marked.

The ironing sounds like the best idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.