Barton Campbell
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever seen the Honeymooners? One running gag during the series were the "get rich quick schemes". Ralph always had new plans to make it rich or at least make a living self-employed. That was me about ten years ago, I really wanted to get off the food chain. Well, I finally did it, on Ebay. I started out selling games from my own 100+ collection. I had finally decided to whittle my collection down to 20 ALL-Time-Favorites. What was the use of holding onto Magic Realm if I never played it and wasn't interested in it any more and I could use the room. If I really needed it I could always buy another one. I also had a scanner and printer, if pieces were missing I would make them and post a picture of the original pieces and my homemade piece. To make a long story short, I didn't gain any spare room but I started making money. While selling my own games I realized that from time to time bargains occurred, actually, more often than you would guess. I was now buying and selling. You might call me a wargame trader. I work a few hours a day, at home with my family, wife and three-year-old daughter. I take far too many days off and wake up when I want.

But now I've got a major problem. Things seem to be falling apart. I must get the answer to this question.

I have blank wargaming pieces but if I need an unusual size piece I sometimes cut them out of the "piece frames". So I've come to really appreciate them. But I want to refer to them with their proper name. I realize that there is a printing or game term for these things. Big geek gold for the answer. shake

PS -- And a big thanks to BGG as a resource, this website, and all of you, the contributors and users, all of you have really helped make my dreams come true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fustella"! But in Italian... Sorry, iI can not fond a translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivica Crljenica
Sweden
Nacka
Stockholms län
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sprues?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they held model pieces they would be called "sprues." I don't know if the term applies to cardboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are usually referred to as sprues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What the others said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG wiki definition

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Glossary#toc171

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
Crap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt La Botz
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Things that stop me from playing the game right out of the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb

May I make a suggestion?

Templates are extremely useful for this kind of work...

... and can be purchased at the office supply store or art supply store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barton Campbell
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altaira wrote:
Sprues?
Looks like you won. as promised and thanks to everyone. And honorable mention; thanks pete for the stencil suggestion. Going out to get one right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, leftover cardboard sprues make great stencils for kids to play with. I always give them to my niece and she likes to draw with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've also heard them referred to as "counter trees".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.