Subject: Card 1/18 of Zerg - Can we change it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stan Noordman
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Card 1/18(or 20) is the Zergling only 4 attack/5 defense card.

This has to be the most useless card of all. I'd never pick this one over the ample supply of 5/2 cards. In my opinion this card needs to be changed in a 6/5 card or something in that area. In comparison, the marine has a 6/4 and a 6/6 card, why should Zerglings only get the 6/3 and that's it? I mean, I understand that Zerglings need to be spammed but if this card is ONLY for the Zergling surely some use should come out of it? I mean, the 6/3 is golden but Zerglings miss what I call the ultra-card. Such as the 7/6 Hydralisk, the 7/6 Zealot card, the 7/7 Vulture card etc..

Discuss!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bomholt
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
the 4/5 zergling card is actually useful with metabolic boost. you get the power high enough with supporting zerglings and the cheerleader card and you get a seven health zergling out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ger Lam
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
exactly what blarknob says.

zerg swarm, they don't even need the ultra-high cards.

this card, with a second zergling and cheerleader, becomes 6-5, sufficient for any terran infantry, with metabolic boost, strong enough to survive the counter(unless stim packs), which also means that firebat splash will kill neither zergling.

sure, against protoss with 7 def and added shield health it may be somewhat lacking, but in some cases, it's a good bet to try.
(also: sometimes they will have to play minor value cards. in basically all of those cases, it will either kill or survive, often both(especially with metabolic boost, which then adds to kill(and survive) enemy 6/2 or 5/2 cards-. not something to count on, but it's often better than getting one more attack from a 5/2 card and being killed in return)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Littlefield
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel that its ok if the zerglings do happen to be a bit less efficient (not saying they are) just because they are so much more convinient than say the protoss base unit requiring 2 minerals. When your base unit costs twice as much as the other factions, expanding and covering more ground becomes an economic pain, not to mention having one extra mineral that you can't put to military use because your base unit costs 2. I may have gotten a little sidetracked there... but pay no attention, I'm only a noob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.