Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to playtest a game Im making and I need a template or suggestions. I want to print out the cards and just glue/laminate/tape them on a playing card just for playtesting purposes. The game layout is similar to 'dungeoneer' with icons on the cards similar to 'drakon'

Can anyone assist me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbalcody wrote:
I want to playtest a game Im making and I need a template or suggestions. I want to print out the cards and just glue/laminate/tape them on a playing card just for playtesting purposes. The game layout is similar to 'dungeoneer' with icons on the cards similar to 'drakon'

Can anyone assist me?

http://www.nand.it/nandeck/

Many others have just used excel or powerpoint to make rough cards.

It might be possible to use the Inkscape Extensions for Boardgame Developlment.

Or are you looking for someone who could do the graphics work for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depending on what exactly you are trying to do, for very basic prototyping, you can get business cards, or cardstock cut to similiar dimensions and then just get "Avery" labels. The labels come in sheets of 18/24/whatever and you can set up Ms Word to print to the labels.

As for the Word part, just start a mail-merge which will prompt which sort of label you want (make sure you get the exact right code, there are a squillion but they are organised well) and that will make the template.

Fill the data in, print it to a piece of paper first to make sure it looks good, then slam it out on the labels, and label the business cards.

You can get a reasonable amount of info this way, and the cards are very recyclable as well.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbalcody wrote:
Can anyone assist me?

Hi Cody,
if you describe me the card informations, I can write a sample script.

spearjr wrote:

And thanks to Jason for the quote
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.