9 Posts

Arkham Horror: Innsmouth Horror Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Amazon "Preorder" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
Is anyone else having trouble with Amazon's preorder for Innsmouth Horror. I applied for it back in mid-June and now it's past the July 8th premiere and it looks like they're having trouble shipping it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is really really late. On the other hand, it's not too unusual for Amazon when it comes to preorders of many items. I no longer preorder anything I care about through Amazon, after years of disappointment in that regard...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
I won't be back with my group or anyone interested in playing until August, so I thought that the increased time was fine with the free (slow) shipping and drastic price drop.

whistle

And I don't know why EVERYTHING I order comes from Indiana. Unless that's where homebase is. But I order from independent sellers on Amazon as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from Amazon a while back and got an email the other day -

We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on June 19 2009.

So I cancelled the order and bought the game from IGUK, I recieved it yesterday!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My personal favourite Amazon pre-order has to be the Battlestar Glactica debacle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
Do tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I have given up with amazon.

Not a game in my case but a book. I waited for five months ! The book was in the stores three months before I got my copy and I did not even know that it was out. Amazon were waiting for re-prints !!!!!! How can someone order an item that says it will be available in two months maximum and end up waiting five for the reprint ,that is beyond me. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools
Well I switched to World at Play and it's already shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/2856228#2856228

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.