Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
514 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Newbie game part two--GAME OVER--GOOD WINS! (submit votes for mvp now) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Since there seems to be so much interest in woodjh's basic game for new players, here's another!

At the end of the game, a 50 GG prize will be awarded to the player voted MVP by the other players. Active participation is key. This offer extends to people who have never played on this forum before. New players from Wood's game are eligible as well, as long as they withdraw themselves from consideration for the prize in one of the two games.

Roles:
Team evil:
2 wolves: the wolves share a private chat room. Every night, they will choose another player to die.
Sorcerer: every night, will view another player to see if they are the seer or not. The sorcerer and wolves do not know each other's identities.

Team good:
Seer: every night, will view another player to see if they are a wolf or not.
Hunter: if the hunter and a wolf are the last two players alive, Good wins.
4 villagers: no special powers except for their astounding deduction capabilities.

Victory conditions
There is no individual victory. You win with your team whether you are alive or not at the end of the game.

Good wins if both wolves are dead. Killing the sorcerer is helpful but not necessary.

Evil wins if the number of wolves equals or exceeds the number of all non-wolves (including the sorcerer). Exception: if the final two players are a wolf and the hunter, then evil loses.

Game structure:
Dusk (lynch votes due): 4:00 PM BGG time (Central)
Dawn (night orders due): 7:00 PM BGG time (Central)

Every game day will begin with a [dawn] post from the moderator.

Players will vote in the thread to determine the day's lynch by typing the name of their target in bold brackets: [vote ElAdoranSureshot] or [vote ElAd]

You can change your vote at any time. If you want to remove your vote but not cast another, you can [unvote ElAd] or [unvote all].

At [dusk], the player with the most votes is lynched. At this point players have until the next [dawn] to submit night orders. Wolves decide who to kill, and the seer/sorcerer decide who to view.

To join the game:
Visit the Cassandra Project website: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/

Request a password from the links at the bottom.

Once logged in, sign up at the appropriate game page.

When you have a chance, fill out your profile on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Newbie game part 2
Every several minutes, Cassie automatically archives new posts in the thread and records new votes. Then she posts a tally:
Cassandra Project wrote:
VOTE TALLY

Player (9/9) - # - Voted by

Magma - 3 - cbs42(4), graff48(5), Gelatinous Goo(9), SoLove(10), dcorrin(11)
graff48 - 3 - byronczimmer(3), Magma(6), Gelatinous Goo(12), Magma(13)
DavidT - 1 - graff48(14)
doctor_no - 0 - Magma(1)
Gelatinous Goo - 0 - SoLove(2), graff48(7), Magma(8)

Not Voting: DavidT, doctor_no

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 7:00 PM BGG
---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

byronczimmer - 1 - graff48(3)
cbs42 - 1 - Magma(4)
dcorrin - 1 - Magma(11)
Gelatinous Goo - 2 - Magma(9), graff48(12)
graff48 - 3 - Magma(5), Gelatinous Goo(7), DavidT(14)
Magma - 4 - doctor_no(1), graff48(6), Gelatinous Goo(8), graff48(13)
SoLove - 2 - Gelatinous Goo(2), Magma(10)

Not Voting: DavidT, doctor_no

This is a tally from Day 1 of woodjh's game. The red part shows who is in the lead for lynch, the green part shows how each player's vote has changed over time. Currently there is a tie for the lynch vote.

The tiebreaker is commonly determined by the "longest held last vote". (Complex games will have other methods.) According to this tally, Magma is in the lead because the last person to vote on him (dcorrin) was #11, while the last person to vote on graff48 (Magma) was #13.

Other Cassandra features:
You can view all posts by a single player by clicking on the "X posts" link next to their name on the game page. Useful if you want to check someone's posts but don't remember which page they used.

You can see old vote records by clicking on the appropriate links on the game page. Useful if you want to see who has been subtly protecting another player.

To "lock" your vote, you can [vote nightfall]. However, this is often a poor move, as there will be times when you want to change your vote at the last minute.

All players will have access to the Cassandra Communication System. Wolves get a special chat room with each other, and every player will have an individual chat with the moderator. (Useful if you want to ask rules questions but don't want to alert others that you're doing so.) Lynched and killed players will be added to "dead chat" where they can converse with each other and cheer/boo the remaining players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Terminology and conventions:
"Night 0" or "n0 view": Night 0 is the time before the game begins on Day 1. Seers and sorcerers receive a randomly determined negative view during n0. (ie, seers will receive a free "not wolf" and sorcerers a free "not seer" view.)

"Parity" and "max/aux evil": the wolves' win condition is referred to as "reaching parity". Wolves (max evils) count for parity, but the sorcerer is a mere aux evil and doesn't count.

Sniping: a "sniped" vote or statement is made at the last possible minute before the lynch or night action deadline. The idea is to give people as little time as possible to react.

Bussing: a wolf might "throw someone under the bus" and gain trust from the village by voting out their own partner.

Ninjas and zombies: posters who aren't part of the game surround their posts in ninja smileys so players know to ignore them. Dead players are prohibited from posting game information in the thread, but can make a zombie post when they are killed.

Editing: it is better to double-post than to edit a post to add more information. Editing for formatting or spelling is fine, though it's generally polite to state the reason for editing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
cbs42
cerenycus
florastar
graff48
jageroxorz
Magma
miraria
SoLove
xandryyte

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4223...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flora Star
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I realize that I've played in one game (auto-mod, currently going on) but I only started playing the game this week. Would it be possible to enter and go for the prize? ^^; I need an avatar. This new user thing is annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was killed early in Wood's game (completely unjustly, I might add) so I'm happy to take part in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
florastar wrote:
I realize that I've played in one game (auto-mod, currently going on) but I only started playing the game this week. Would it be possible to enter and go for the prize? ^^; I need an avatar. This new user thing is annoying.

Hm. Yes, sure.

I am a bit hesitant because this is not directly in keeping with the letter of the restriction I placed in the original post, but pfft! I am much more a believer in following the spirit of the law anyway. (And it's my geekgold; I can do what I want with it!) This game is meant to entice new players to stay around the forum. You're a new player with hopes of staying around. Thus you can play.

Or maybe I should just amend the restriction to players who have not yet completed a game on this forum yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
florastar wrote:
I need an avatar. This new user thing is annoying.

Nothing to be done about the new user, I'm afraid... You have to wait 30 days before that goes away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm signing up for this one too -- though I will obviously not be eligible for the 50gg since I'm currently in the fist noob game. (Though I get the strong suspicion that I won't be in it for much longer...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flora Star
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pitt
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.

Just lynched out of woods game.

Now remember guys I'm not a wolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wanted to play but the cassandra project hits websense as a games website. Can't get into it at work which wouldn;t be good if I was a werewolf and needed to talk to my fellow werewolves. that's a bummer, I was really hoping to be able to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bummer! And it hits Cassie but not BGG? That's unusual.... people usually use Cassie to look at vote totals when their work blocks BGG! laugh

Actually, I think there might be a workaround. I believe I have heard jmilum say that there is an alternate domain for Cassie that might not be blocked. If you geekmail him he could tell you more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Graffagnino
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm alive!!!!! Let's see if I can manage to live past the first lynching this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leanne
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Because he is my very best friend :)
badge
Fighting evil by moon light, winning love by daylight, never running from a real fight, she is the one named Sailor Moon.
mbmbmbmbmb
graff48 wrote:
I'm alive!!!!! Let's see if I can manage to live past the first lynching this time!

I feel the exact same way... I hope I do well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yay! I found a way that worked!

or, errr, someone else did and geekmailed it to me

either way i am in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Bummer! And it hits Cassie but not BGG? That's unusual.... people usually use Cassie to look at vote totals when their work blocks BGG! laugh

Actually, I think there might be a workaround. I believe I have heard jmilum say that there is an alternate domain for Cassie that might not be blocked. If you geekmail him he could tell you more.

He was able to help me out, thanks for the tip!

Yeah, it doesn't block sites that talk about games or sells them, just sites where it thinks you could play them. We do tech support here so we do need to be able to hit quite a few pages just in case our customers say they can't so we do have pretty liberal access. They just don't want us actually playing anything I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, so, I want to play, how do I get in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha, I answered my own question!

Ok, I get the general idea. It's kinda like a game I used to play with cards at home, called Mob.

But, just so you know, I'm not a wolf!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the 4th post in a row....

So excited for this now, love these types of games, never knew this existed...

Now I just have to wait *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:

Now I just have to wait *sigh*

I hear you on that! I am excited to get it going and see what happens!

I also, am not a wolf.

See? we can start already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Great, just one more and we can get started!

Dusk and dawn generally don't happen on the weekend, so I'll probably assign roles as soon as the next person joins, and we can have the first lynch on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope someone signs up soon so we can get our roles. That way I will have the whole weekend to mul it over. Not that that will help anything AT ALL since I will basically have zero information, but it will be fun for my mind to chew on things anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have my role. It's normal ol' Townsperson.

Nothing to see here...

:whistles:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.