Subject: Do you need the base ToI to play this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gamers, do you need the basic Tide of Iron box set to play this Normandy expansion? I've been thinking of getting into this system, but I want to try out the King Tigers and Panthers, as well as the M-10. Also is there any Firefly units, and I take it there are no AT guns, only in DF from what I read.......?

Thanks

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the base TOI game to make use of this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Devon, I saw the base ToI game but not this one so I had to order it in from the hobby store. At least I have a start now to get into the rules and such.

Cheers, thanks for the speedy reply, time to head back to the hobby shop I think!!

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wille Fisch
Sweden
Huddinge
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

I am interested in buying this expanssion and i have a question.

Does the Normandy expanssion have the same design as the original TOI or is it the updated design as on the "Map expanssion #1"?

I saw this picture on the internet and noticed a style difference between the mapboards.

Is it a difference or is it just an unfortunate picture?

BR
/ W

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took a look at my sets. There's definitely a visible difference between the green boards in the base set and the expansions. (Days of the Fox's boards are all beige, of course, and many of Fury of the Bear's boards are white. Normandy's are all green except the beach ones.) I don't think the difference is quite as pronounced as in the picture above, but it's surely visible. The base green is lighter, and there are artistic differences like more detailing in the roadways and buildings. The difference in green is pretty obvious. The difference in details is not really noticeable unless you're inspecting the maps closely.

Honestly I kind of prefer the original lighter boards; it's easier to see the models and markers on them. But the difference doesn't bother me, at least not enough to plump for the Map Expansion Pack. If it's the kind of thing that'll bother you, then it will bother you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ToI reprinted box (the set bought) has the same boards as the mapset expansion, and thus is compatible with the Normandy boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.